If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’ll start a thread for the rest of the games. And I’ll just say

Life Takes on new meaning when you Expect a Miracle Every Day. So prophesied one Oral Roberts
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 11:37 pm Big Ten looking bad. ACC? SEC? Big XII is strong.

My wife on seeing Jim Boeheim: “He’s not dead yet?!”
I had to check.
He's 76. He also had cancer 20 years ago. :shock:
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Glad to watch end of Winthrop game--and see upset fav go down. Their man-scaped super-sized PG was hard to watch. So glad we are no longer in that crummy shady league.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: March 20th, 2021, 9:22 am Glad to watch end of Winthrop game--and see upset fav go down. Their man-scaped super-sized PG was hard to watch. So glad we are no longer in that crummy shady league.
I am glad we are out of the Big South, but Winthrop's men's bball program would make the ASUN a stronger conference.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
True. But it worked to our advantage. Nationally televised prime-time game on TBS. This kind of exposure is priceless. Not bad for a rebuilding year. Can't complain.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 11:37 pm Big Ten looking bad. ACC? SEC? Big XII is strong.

My wife on seeing Jim Boeheim: “He’s not dead yet?!”
Looking bad? Every loss was in OT. And the teams that won took care of business.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Really? The best argument is the losses were close?! Tell me, what is the virtue of a close loss for a favored team in the NCAA Tournament?? I’ll wait...

For the “best conference in basketball”, those games shouldn’t be going to OT, let alone losing. I’m happy for Rutgers.

PAC 12 is the surprise so far. Big XII is TOUGH! Love me some Nate Oats, so I’m glad Alabama survived.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 6:27 pm Really? The best argument is the losses were close?! Tell me, what is the virtue of a close loss for a favored team in the NCAA Tournament?? I’ll wait...

For the “best conference in basketball”, those games shouldn’t be going to OT, let alone losing. I’m happy for Rutgers.

PAC 12 is the surprise so far. Big XII is TOUGH! Love me some Nate Oats, so I’m glad Alabama survived.
They are losing but it’s not like they are getting blown out. When you have that many teams in the Tournament some are gonna lose. It’s Tournament time anything can happen and the B1G is holding its own quite well.
The ACC is as disappointing as the PAC 12 is surprising
The Big XII is arguably the strongest Conference opening weekend
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Just to be clear, the Big 10 were on the wrong end of two of the biggest upsets of the tourney so far. The “some are gonna lose” argument would work if it was reversed and it was Wisconsin and Rutgers that lost.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 20th, 2021, 7:38 pm Just to be clear, the Big 10 were on the wrong end of two of the biggest upsets of the tourney so far. The “some are gonna lose” argument would work if it was reversed and it was Wisconsin and Rutgers that lost.
The Ohio St game was a big upset. Almost as big as the UVA upset years ago. Not sure that upset said anything negative about the ACC just like that says nothing about the B1G. Purdue was the same match up as the LU game. That one went in to OT and Purdue has never been a Tournament team. I would argue it shows how tough the B1G was BECAUSE their lower seeds aren’t losing. If they were you could say “Oh, they were just top heavy”. Instead you’re seeing there isn’t a lot of separation between Michigan and Rutgers.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
What a weird take. What it shows is that it’s a deep league, but maybe some of these top seeds got their rep inflated because they’re in the B10.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:51 pm What a weird take. What it shows is that it’s a deep league, but maybe some of these top seeds got their rep inflated because they’re in the B10.
I can agree with that. The B1G had a clear top dog most of the year in Michigan until Rona hit them. Rutgers seemed hot at the end. Everyone else just seemed to be about equal.
Don’t sleep on the Illini though. They actually make your point about maybe getting a higher than deserved seed but to me they are my dark horse
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The 13/4 match up is becoming the new 12/5 match up :shock:
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
The Illini have star power and that’s one of the most important things in the NCAAT. I picked Iowa to cut down the nets because I always expect someone like Garza to will their team to the title.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
UVA has been eliminated in the first round 2 of the last 3 Tournaments. Of course that 3rd one they were National Champs. Love March Madness
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
If you asked me if it was worth it to have 2 embarrassing upsets so I could have a national championship, I’d take it in a heartbeat. On the other hand, after a certain point, it has to reflect negatively on your program.
Purple Haize liked this
By Ill flame
The big ten is 6-3. I get that the big ten has the highest profile losses but they are still doing very well as a conference. The only P5 that isn't is the ACC. It's amazing how much of a down year they are having.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 20th, 2021, 9:19 pm UVA has been eliminated in the first round 2 of the last 3 Tournaments.
Ballcoach must be dancing in the streets of Gretna, but this loss makes me Crybaby .
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Country needs an Abilene Christian ORU match up
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:24 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 20th, 2021, 9:19 pm UVA has been eliminated in the first round 2 of the last 3 Tournaments.
Ballcoach must be dancing in the streets of Gretna, but this loss makes me Crybaby .
My biggest thrill in basketball is seeing UVA lose. I despise the boohoos, but I know a fellow at LU, who dislikes them more than I do.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 21st, 2021, 2:19 pm Can we say the Big10 looks bad yet?
The Pope will not be denied!

Illinois looked awful. They had no answer for the Circa 1950’s Offense and a YMCA All American (Senior Division) center
LU 57 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]