If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 1:59 am Hail to the Redskins.

Logan Thomas catches TD pass late in 2nd quarter to give Redskins the lead.
😄 The Washington Football Team should be the only name other than Redskins this team has. To forever remind us of all the nonsense we lived through in 2020. :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Really happy for Logan Thomas (and his mom, who I used to work with). In 20/20 hindsight, he could have had a great career as an NFL TE if VT had not moved him to QB. I get why they did. He was the best they had at the position, but it ultimately set him back years. It also didn't help that he had what I would call a "fool's gold" year as a R-SOPH when he had a stable of future NFL SR receivers who caught anything thrown their way. He put up huge numbers and was hyped as a first round pick after the next year. Then reality set in because the Hokies had not recruited receivers, and his numbers (and draft stock) plunged. NFL QB career was a disaster, and after he was finally moved back to TE, it took years for him to get back to where he is now.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:33 am Really happy for Logan Thomas (and his mom, who I used to work with). In 20/20 hindsight, he could have had a great career as an NFL TE if VT had not moved him to QB. I get why they did. He was the best they had at the position, but it ultimately set him back years. It also didn't help that he had what I would call a "fool's gold" year as a R-SOPH when he had a stable of future NFL SR receivers who caught anything thrown their way. He put up huge numbers and was hyped as a first round pick after the next year. Then reality set in because the Hokies had not recruited receivers, and his numbers (and draft stock) plunged. NFL QB career was a disaster, and after he was finally moved back to TE, it took years for him to get back to where he is now.
I think he has HOF type talent as a TE. But he may have switched there too late.

My girls were in HS with him at Brookville. But they never seem impressed when I mention "Hey your classmate just scored another TD". :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:33 am Really happy for Logan Thomas (and his mom, who I used to work with). In 20/20 hindsight, he could have had a great career as an NFL TE if VT had not moved him to QB. I get why they did. He was the best they had at the position, but it ultimately set him back years. It also didn't help that he had what I would call a "fool's gold" year as a R-SOPH when he had a stable of future NFL SR receivers who caught anything thrown their way. He put up huge numbers and was hyped as a first round pick after the next year. Then reality set in because the Hokies had not recruited receivers, and his numbers (and draft stock) plunged. NFL QB career was a disaster, and after he was finally moved back to TE, it took years for him to get back to where he is now.
My understanding was HE wanted to play QB. He certainly had opportunities to switch to TE earlier in his NFL career and declined. But I think he saw what happened to Tebow and decided to change
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Who doesn't want to play QB? When I talked to him during his recruiting, he seemed perfectly OK with the fact that even though he was QB his last 2 years at Brookville, all the P5s who had offered him (including VT) wanted him at TE, and he was working to put on a few more pounds of muscle. I suppose it's possible that after his disappointing R-JR year, Beamer suggested he switch back to TE, but I'm not aware of it. I'm also not aware of the Cardinals, Dolphins or Giants asking him to switch, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. He was only a QB in the NFL for 2 1/2 seasons before, after being released by the Giants, Detroit signed him as a TE.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: January 4th, 2021, 12:56 pm Who doesn't want to play QB? When I talked to him during his recruiting, he seemed perfectly OK with the fact that even though he was QB his last 2 years at Brookville, all the P5s who had offered him (including VT) wanted him at TE, and he was working to put on a few more pounds of muscle. I suppose it's possible that after his disappointing R-JR year, Beamer suggested he switch back to TE, but I'm not aware of it. I'm also not aware of the Cardinals, Dolphins or Giants asking him to switch, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. He was only a QB in the NFL for 2 1/2 seasons before, after being released by the Giants, Detroit signed him as a TE.
Again, just my understanding, the Cardinals talked to him about playing TE and he declined. IMVHO, when he got cut by the Giants he had a choice to make. Thus my Tebow reference. If he wanted to extend his NGL career he’d have to switch positions. He did much to his credit and much to his success. That was a savvy move on his part and ive always respected him for doing it
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
His teammates had nothing but good things to say about him. He earned his way into the league with how he played last night.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 10th, 2021, 3:13 pm Taylor looked great last night. I have two buddies that know him personally. Both say he's a great guy and super intelligent. I have a feeling he won't last long in the league though, not because of his size, but his politics.

😔

https://www.outkick.com/fans-rip-washin ... dent-trump
The announcers were talking about the classes he was taking trying to finish his degree this season. I don’t even know what any of them were :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]