If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Anybody caught how Peter's son has elevated his game since transferring to the Hokies? He's averaging 16 Pts, 6.7 Rebs and is shooting 39.1% from behind the arc after doing very little at as a freshman at Wofford. He's already been an ACC Player of the Week and just posted 26 Pts in a stuffed stat sheet against Miami (FL) the other night.
Richmond.com wrote:Peter Aluma never saw his son play basketball, Johnson said.

If he had, he would have witnessed a case study in nature over nurture.

Peter Aluma, who died suddenly in February at age 46, wasn’t involved in his son’s basketball education. Keve, now a junior at Virginia Tech, has only seen a few videos of his father’s college exploits at Liberty, where he was a two-time all-conference player for the Flames.

The elder Aluma spent much of those years living in California, where he was residing when he died. Yet, seemingly inevitably, the younger Aluma followed in his father’s athletic shoes.

“Me and my biological dad were not that close, honestly,” said Keve Aluma, who said he grew up calling his stepfather, Bruce Copeland, dad. “I’m not sure how our games relate. I’ve seen a few clips but besides that haven’t seen much of how he played.”
Click Here for Full Story
By LU 57
Sly Fox wrote: December 31st, 2020, 1:33 pm Anybody caught how Peter's son has elevated his game since transferring to the Hokies? He's averaging 16 Pts, 6.7 Rebs and is shooting 39.1% from behind the arc after doing very little at as a freshman at Wofford. He's already been an ACC Player of the Week and just posted 26 Pts in a stuffed stat sheet against Miami (FL) the other night.
Richmond.com wrote:Peter Aluma never saw his son play basketball, Johnson said.

If he had, he would have witnessed a case study in nature over nurture.

Peter Aluma, who died suddenly in February at age 46, wasn’t involved in his son’s basketball education. Keve, now a junior at Virginia Tech, has only seen a few videos of his father’s college exploits at Liberty, where he was a two-time all-conference player for the Flames.

The elder Aluma spent much of those years living in California, where he was residing when he died. Yet, seemingly inevitably, the younger Aluma followed in his father’s athletic shoes.

“Me and my biological dad were not that close, honestly,” said Keve Aluma, who said he grew up calling his stepfather, Bruce Copeland, dad. “I’m not sure how our games relate. I’ve seen a few clips but besides that haven’t seen much of how he played.”
Click Here for Full Story
As a VT graduate as well, I have been watching with interest. I watched the game against Miami. He was pretty dominant.

I was very dubious when they brought in Mike Young but have been pleasantly surprised. With UNC and Duke down, who knows? They could end up turning some heads this year.

Loyalties are still 100%🔥though. We are so blessed to have HCRM and HCHF, among others. Looking forward to Friday/Saturday.
ATrain liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I watched a good bit of the Villanova game, and was impressed with Keve. Keep in mind, he is 2 years removed from when he first hit the court as a FR at Wofford, and since arriving in Blacksburg has had the benefit of a high major s&c staff, facilities and nutrition program he did not have there.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]