If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-football

Kind of a long read but definitely worth it. The biggest things that I took away from this was that the FSU leadership clearly wasn't on the same page with the football program and that FSU had such subpar facilities was a little bit shocking to me. Great article really worth your time.
ballcoach15 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: November 19th, 2020, 12:28 pm https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... e-football

Kind of a long read but definitely worth it. The biggest things that I took away from this was that the FSU leadership clearly wasn't on the same page with the football program and that FSU had such subpar facilities was a little bit shocking to me. Great article really worth your time.
The biggest thing I took away from it, is never hire a coach or an AD with only 4 days of vetting. :D 8)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Culture is major college athletics is a REALLY big deal. I watched it change up close for better and then worse in Austin. My son goes to Jimbo's current school and I am just waiting for the shoes to start dropping there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 21st, 2020, 4:36 pm No they didn't.
I think they were more than willing not to play
By Jonathan Carone
Or Dabo let a kid with symptoms practice all week and then that kid had a positive test pop up yesterday. FSU benefits from the postponement, but they had everything ready to go for the game today. If they wanted to chicken out, they would’ve done it long before this morning.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 21st, 2020, 5:43 pm Or Dabo let a kid with symptoms practice all week and then that kid had a positive test pop up yesterday. FSU benefits from the postponement, but they had everything ready to go for the game today. If they wanted to chicken out, they would’ve done it long before this morning.
Kid had 2 negative tests He was listening to “the scientists”. Isn’t that what he’s supposed to do?
flamehunter, jinxy liked this
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: November 21st, 2020, 5:45 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 21st, 2020, 5:43 pm Or Dabo let a kid with symptoms practice all week and then that kid had a positive test pop up yesterday. FSU benefits from the postponement, but they had everything ready to go for the game today. If they wanted to chicken out, they would’ve done it long before this morning.
Kid had 2 negative tests He was listening to “the scientists”. Isn’t that what he’s supposed to do?
ACC rules stipulate a player be isolated for ten days from the start of having symptoms.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 21st, 2020, 5:51 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 21st, 2020, 5:45 pm
ACC rules stipulate a player be isolated for ten days from the start of having symptoms.
According to the tests he didn’t have The Rona. So whatever the symptoms were they weren’t deemed Rona at the time.
By Jonathan Carone
But the rules don’t state to be isolated from the first positive test. They stipulate to be isolated from the start of covid symptoms. You can think this is overblown all you want, but the league sets the rules.

The player tested positive after practicing this week. FSU had every right to be concerned about that and to postpone the game.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
This is such a ridiculous argument. We are months into this thing. The virus is spreading faster than ever and we are going to pretend FSU cancelled because they "chickened out".

The game will be played later and FSU will still lose. Then I guess all will be ok.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 21st, 2020, 6:05 pm But the rules don’t state to be isolated from the first positive test. They stipulate to be isolated from the start of covid symptoms. You can think this is overblown all you want, but the league sets the rules.

The player tested positive after practicing this week. FSU had every right to be concerned about that and to postpone the game.
I’m saying I have no issue with the kid practicing. “Symptoms “ is a vague term. And if the test comes back negative not once but twice then play on. When it came back positive then take the procedures in place.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Fsu getting crushed nationally and i believe rightfully so. I actually agree with Dabo. It should be a forfeit.

Zero evidence of any transfers or covid in actual play. One backup ol. Clemson was already there and all the people that hae traveled and funds that were expensed. Just brutal.

Fsu is a dumpster fire.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
FSU football has fallen lower than I thought they had. I see UVA is 10 point favorite Saturday, Friday or whenever they play.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I just dont see how any of this is on clemson. They met every protocol and went above and beyond. I place blame on protocol holes and fsu. Fsu because they could use common sense and the game would have been played.

Reminder of how blessed Lu has been when you hear all the craziness thats gone on at other places like pitt and vt as wel saturday. Temple was another one that didnt make a lot of sense.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Did FSU use COVID positive tests as an excuse to not play the game? Absolutely. Was it within the protocols of the ACC to do so? Absolutely. its happened several times due to contact tracing in the ACC this year. I wouldn't say they chickened out but they absolutely did not want to play that game and found a way to not play it. There's some nuance details in there i'm probably not allowed to share publicly but yea Its more on FSU than it was on Clemson.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]