If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I know it is early, this is 2020, and anything can happen. I have felt that the BIG10 really shot themselves in the foot by how they decided to come back (no bye weeks, starting back up late). It seems like Wisconsin is out of contention by forfeiting the game this weekend. With Penn losing, it seems like the only shot the BIG10 has is the winner of Michigan / Ohio State being undefeated and also not having any games cancelled.

I think it is likely for Ohio State to run the table, but I wonder if they will have any games cancelled. If they do, and it is only one against a lesser team, I don't think it would probably keep them out of the playoffs. But what if it is two games? What if it is one of the "good" games and all that is left on their schedule is scraps? Will the committee hold it against them? It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They’ve got Clemson Alabama and Ohio State already penciled in. They are just hoping they can add a PAC team so it glosses over those conferences fubar handling of the season
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
There is zero chance the PAC gets anyone in. You've got a greater chance of winning a beauty contest. :wink:

Right now, there are 3-4 serious contenders in both the SEC and ACC. Lets say that Georgia runs the table, as does Alabama, and GA gets payback in the SEC championship game. Both teams would be 10-1. You could have a similar situation in the ACC... lets say Trever Lawrence is out against ND, but then beats ND in the conference championship. Both teams sit at 10-1.

Tell me why the committee shouldn't put those four teams in over an Ohio State team who goes 8-0 (or 7-0) and its biggest win was against...? And this scenario doesn't even take into consideration three potential contenders in the BIG12.

I know what Ball Coach would say, but I am not opposed to Ohio State (or Michigan) getting in to the playoffs with the shortened season, but there has to be a limit! I do think missed games should be held against them to some extent. If they are clearly better and EARN it, put them in. I just wonder if the BIG10 will be able to keep it together.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Playoff committee should ignore B10 and PAC 12. I hope Ohio State loses a couple games, either on field or off field. Alabama, Clemson (and Liberty) are all 6-0, yet Ohio State has received more love at 1-0 this week, than all other undefeated teams combined.
B10 is challenging the integrity of college football. And the media & pollsters are going along.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:34 pm There is zero chance the PAC gets anyone in. You've got a greater chance of winning a beauty contest. :wink:

Right now, there are 3-4 serious contenders in both the SEC and ACC. Lets say that Georgia runs the table, as does Alabama, and GA gets payback in the SEC championship game. Both teams would be 10-1. You could have a similar situation in the ACC... lets say Trever Lawrence is out against ND, but then beats ND in the conference championship. Both teams sit at 10-1.

Tell me why the committee shouldn't put those four teams in over an Ohio State team who goes 8-0 (or 7-0) and its biggest win was against...? And this scenario doesn't even take into consideration three potential contenders in the BIG12.

I know what Ball Coach would say, but I am not opposed to Ohio State (or Michigan) getting in to the playoffs with the shortened season, but there has to be a limit! I do think missed games should be held against them to some extent. If they are clearly better and EARN it, put them in. I just wonder if the BIG10 will be able to keep it together.
The committee would love to have ND run the table. If they can’t get a PAC team in it will still probably be a 1 loss ND team Georgia won’t beat Bama so they will have 2 losses
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]