If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He could go as high as #2 to Detroit or #3 to whomever the Texans trade the slot. He could also go as low as #18. Much of this determined by whether JAX takes Hutchinson at the top. Unlike past drafts where #1 was a foregone conclusion, the rumor mill is that it is not a certainty.

There seems to be a consensus among the league that he is QB1. But in a down year for QBs in the class and an expectation that 2023 will have much more top tier QBs from which to choose, some teams might wait out another year. So the battle comes between the handful of teams DESPERATE for a QB. It is not hard to figure out who they are.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Everyone's got their poker face on. Wouldn't write any of those early teams off, Lions, Texans, Giants. But TBH, he'd probably be better off going later, Steelers, Titans, etc.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: April 25th, 2022, 7:27 pm Everyone's got their poker face on. Wouldn't write any of those early teams off, Lions, Texans, Giants. But TBH, he'd probably be better off going later, Steelers, Titans, etc.
Did Freeze say the Lions just hired a LU coach or trainer? Could be a hint? :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Texans arent taking Malik. They are all in on Davis Mills who i just heard Mike Lombardi say yesterday is better than all of the QBs in this class. The Texans believe they got a steal last year.

I could see Malik going anywhere from #2 to #32. With Texans having so many picks I have been watching this year's draft class very closely. I don't see any obvious superstars in the talent pool at any position. You basically could shake up the top 25 guys in a bag and be fine with just about anyone coming out. So if you hear people talking about reaches on players in the first round this year, they don't know what they are talking about.

I expect him to land in Detroit, Carolina or Pittsburgh. I could see the latter following their past draft approaches of being aggressive to move up into Top 10 to snare him.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
Last 15 minutes of ESPN College Gameday in the minutes leading up to the NFL Draft have just featured Malik, Coach Freeze and the University in a way no one could have imagined just a few short years ago. The National spotlight on the University, the program and what can be accomplished there while not compromising one's faith, makes me so thankful and proud to be involved even in the smallest of ways. These success stories are not limited to the athletic fields as I have witnessed this spirit throughout the campus, among students in many fields. I believe that God has and will continue to accomplish great things through LU and I can't wait to be along for the ride.
flameshaw liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m watching via NFL Network because it broadcasts in 1080 hd :D :D :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just saw a kid wearing a Liberty jersey basic stage at the draft by the hat mirror.
Except it had an adidas logo…..l
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: April 28th, 2022, 10:28 pm
alabama24 wrote: April 28th, 2022, 10:25 pm Pittsburg just chose Pickett. What are y’all’s predictions at this point?
Second round. Seattle.
For him and Liberty, I’d wish first round. For me, I’d love Seattle.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Lions second round, unless Panthers or Saints or Seahawks trade up.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Don't count out Tennessee taking him with Tannehill only having one more year left on his contract. Or Minnesota with the 32nd pick as Cousins only has 2 years left on his contract.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: April 28th, 2022, 10:40 pm Don't count out Tennessee taking him with Tannehill only having one more year left on his contract. Or Minnesota with the 32nd pick as Cousins only has 2 years left on his contract.
Both possible. If not, looks like Lions unless trade.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
    alabama24 wrote: April 28th, 2022, 10:49 pm Lions don’t have pick before Seattle. They traded the pick to move up in first round.
    Missed that. Didn’t realize they traded second round pick.
    By Purple Haize
    Registration Days Posts
    stokesjokes wrote: April 28th, 2022, 10:29 pm They really went with the dum-dum with tiny hands

Brady’s back-up in Tampa?
    It was the right pick for Pittsburgh. Pickett is more Plug N Play ready than Willis and that’s what they need. He’s also a closer QB in style to the one he’s replacing so no major overhauls. Finally he’s the local kid who broke all sorts of records. They past on a “local” kid awhile ago and he went on to have a fair to middling career in Miami. They weren’t going to make that mistake again
    Having said that I don’t think anyone thought he’d still be on the board. And that Pittsburgh was absolutely going to take Willis had Pickett not been there
    By LUminary
    Registration Days Posts
    Second round order now looks like Bucs, Vikings, Titans, Giants, Texans, Jets, Bears, Seahawks…
    By Purple Haize
    Registration Days Posts
    stokesjokes wrote: April 28th, 2022, 11:21 pm Well, yeah, but I don't have to like it.
    Ha. No you do not. I really think Willis would have flourished under Tomlinson
    Baybird liked this
    Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]