If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Apparently Vrabel pulled Malik for that long run he had in the 3rd because he said Malik wasn't throwing the ball. It doesn't exactly sound like he was impressed with Malik's first performance.
By Ill flame
After looking up the full context it makes sense. Apparently he didnt throw on multiple occasions when there were open receivers and then used his legs to make up for poor decision making or a lack of decisiveness. It's only the first game of the preseason so it makes sense to pull him and make a point that he won't stay in the league long playing like that. I'm glad he'll likely have a full year to develop instead of being in win now mode right away as a starter.
Kricket, phoenix liked this
By rtb72
Kricket wrote: August 12th, 2022, 9:46 pm Apparently Vrabel pulled Malik for that long run he had in the 3rd because he said Malik wasn't throwing the ball. It doesn't exactly sound like he was impressed with Malik's first performance.
Based on what I heard and witnessed, especially from ESPN....Vrabel would find himself in the minority opinion. But, hey...he's the play caller, so.....

Seems to me you go with the scheme generating the points.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: August 12th, 2022, 11:51 pm
Kricket wrote: August 12th, 2022, 9:46 pm Apparently Vrabel pulled Malik for that long run he had in the 3rd because he said Malik wasn't throwing the ball. It doesn't exactly sound like he was impressed with Malik's first performance.
Based on what I heard and witnessed, especially from ESPN....Vrabel would find himself in the minority opinion. But, hey...he's the play caller, so.....

Vrabel knows Malik can run. He wants to see him develop into an NFL passer and show smart decision making. That's what pre-season is all about - when points and W-L don't matter.
Purple Haize, phoenix liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: August 13th, 2022, 7:42 am

Vrabel knows Malik can run. He wants to see him develop into an NFL passer and show smart decision making. That's what pre-season is all about - when points and W-L don't matter.
Can you imagine how deadly his running ability will be if he develops the passing game more!

Titans have a vid of every one of his snaps on their FB page. He threw some screens and crossing passes. And one sidearm play. Pretty impressive. 👍
Cider Jim, rtb72 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
In preseason it's about developing and evaluating pass catchers too. If coach is saying he wants you to throw it could be more than just your own development.

The Titans have some young receivers and Malik running doesn't show off the WRs outside of their blocking.

To be honest, I watched the entire game and I thought Malik did well outside of the first few series. I think this is a case of being tough on someone because they have high potential and Vrabel is trying to draw that out.
rtb72 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Vrabel is a Bellicheck/O'Brien disciple who is prone to bluster and making public statements aimed at individual players. I wouldn't red too much into it his remarks.

I found it interesting that Lamar Jackson made an effort head across immediately after the game and offer encouragement to Malik. Game recognizes game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: August 13th, 2022, 7:42 am

A smart, powerful and extremely handsome individual posted the same thoughts on the Facebook page
By Ill flame
Could've been worse but that was a rough game for Malik. 7/17 80 yards and 1 TD. On the plus side he never fails to show off what he can do with his legs leading the team in rushing over the last 2 games.

The opposing d line was in the backfield all game which didn't help but he seemed too indecisive at times. At least they left him in the entire first half into the second half.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As a Texans fan, seeing the Titans O-line that awful was a pleasure. Perhaps that is driving Vrabel's fixation on sub-2.5 second releases from Malik. Even the passes he completed were while he was under siege. Seeing the sidear,s while escaping pressure is still fun. And yeah, anyone watching clearly could see that he was special.
rtb72 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 21st, 2022, 3:57 pm As a Texans fan, seeing the Titans O-line that awful was a pleasure. Perhaps that is driving Vrabel's fixation on sub-2.5 second releases from Malik. Even the passes he completed were while he was under siege. Seeing the sidear,s while escaping pressure is still fun. And yeah, anyone watching clearly could see that he was special.
They said 2 OL starters sat out this game.
By rtb72
Malik is getting a few snaps. Doesn't look to bad. A nice run and then a nice little nine yard pass. Tune in on ESPN if you're not already!
Cider Jim liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]