If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUAlum1215
It had been rumored for a few weeks, if not months, that Denny Hamlin was planning to start a new NASCAR team with Michael Jordan as co-owner. That was finally made official last night, with Bubba Wallace named the driver. Jordan said if he was going to be the first majority black owner in the last several decades then he wanted a black driver, so with Bubba being a free agent this was perfect timing. As much as I can't stand Denny Hamlin, I was a big fan of MJ growing up (weren't we all?) and I've pulled for Bubba as an underdog for a few years so I hope this is successful. Other athletes/musicians/celebrities have tried this and failed because they didn't realize how expensive it is to be competitive, but none of them had MJ's money either.
By LUAlum1215
You're right. I knew Joe Gibbs from racing before I knew he was a football coach. His hey day on the field was before I was born, his last super bowl win I was 2 or 3. But he did come over and was successful. I don't remember the exact circumstances but he almost packed up and went home as well but they lucked into their first win and the rest was history.

So many have tried and failed royally. Randy Moss was the last to get a team to the track but that didn't go anywhere. Floyd Mayweather keeps saying he's going to do it but I don't think it'll ever happen.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I liked Wallace and the 43 car until they brought the BLM into NASCAR earlier this season. He needs to research Wendell Scott's career, and then maybe he'll realize how good he has it now.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 11:06 am I liked Wallace and the 43 car until they brought the BLM into NASCAR earlier this season. He needs to research Wendell Scott's career, and then maybe he'll realize how good he has it now.
I'm glad to see MJ investing in a good cause. He should better research where his charitable giving goes. This is good for the sport and BL's.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 11:06 am I liked Wallace and the 43 car until they brought the BLM into NASCAR earlier this season. He needs to research Wendell Scott's career, and then maybe he'll realize how good he has it now.
Do you expect black men to have no opinion on black lives matter?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 12:29 pm
Do you expect black men to have no opinion on black lives matter?
It's just a matter of time before half of all black men figure out who BLM is. I just hope the marxists organization is not the one MJ donated to?
By Class of 20Something
Let's be better than the left and not conflate the movement with the organization. If we want intellectual honesty, someone has to show them how it's done.

Obviously the organization has major issues and is now actively hiding it.

But having conversations that ask hard questions, not gotchas, but the kind where you listen to understand not to respond, is going to be one of the few things that can heal our nation.

Are black men killed by police at a disproportionate rate than their white counterparts based on population?

Yes.

Are black men killed by police at a disproportionate rate than their white counterparts based on number of interactions with police?

Yes, but in the opposite direction.

The chicken and the egg question resides in the root of the issue. Why do police interact with black people at a disproportionate rate? Do police discover more crime because they are in black neighborhoods more or do black neighborhoods have more crime that attracts police? Can both be true?

And at the end of the day, why can't we all jump on some common ground issues? Should prisons enable and equip inmates with tools to become rehabilitated members of soceity? Can correcting sentencing disparities solve any of these issues?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
20something I'm with you. Just wish MJ wouldn't line the pockets of the the wrong organization. Let's hope someone starts one without marxists ties. Maybe a faith based one.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:43 am Ahem ... Joe Gibbs.

Same competitive juices. Not sure how well he'll like losing on a regular basis. Starting a team takes patience and more investment than existing players.
He’s part of the Hornets organization. He’s plenty used to losing on a regular basis now.
thepostman liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]