If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 21st, 2020, 11:14 am
olldflame wrote: July 21st, 2020, 10:14 am
Purple Haize wrote: July 21st, 2020, 9:52 am Warriors = Violence
Yeah, not suitable at all for football.
You joke but....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denver ... stify/amp/
It is certainly an issue, and unless there is some sort of real breakthrough in protection technology, I think I would put the over/under on how many more years the sport will be played at less than 20.
I remember when NHL hockey drastically change the game to cut out alot of the truly violent stuff. I thought it would ruin the sport but to my suprise it made it better. Gave the skaters room to show off and increased scoring. Football could probably make some more rule changes and lose little.
I still question isolating CTE into just football. Do i think its likely at a greater level than say golf? sure but soccer? or any other sport where contact happens? For me with the potential to adopt a boy in the near future, i now am thinking through these things that a guy with 4 girls never had to think about.

My guess is that a good number of us who just lived our lives, worked a trade, maybe played a sport here or there, when we pass away can probably be shown to have some varying level of CTE.
on the name change, i don't care. I think on the surface, redskin seems pretty duragatory. sure there are reservation schools that call themselves the redskins, but its kind of like that N word thing.

My biggest beef is the over politicization of sports. nba courts and being able to put invidiual social messages on jerseys is going to end badly for these leagues. I think people have had 4 months of sports being taken away from them and they survived. I think the leagues think we need them waaay more than we actually do and my guess is people will tune out. The leagues will just chalk it up to the weirdness of the season (shortened, modified rules, etc etc) but they'll be mistaken. It will come back eventualy but initially it will be a bloodletting.
jinxy liked this
thepostman wrote: July 21st, 2020, 12:01 pm I certianly won't be pushing my son towards playing football and I think that is becoming more common and will make it less popular.
And sports in general are becoming less popular amongst the youth. Add in the dangers associated with football and the continuing ethnic diversification of America, and it's not pretty for the long term prospects of the sport.
RubberMallet wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 11:51 am on the name change, i don't care. I think on the surface, redskin seems pretty duragatory. sure there are reservation schools that call themselves the redskins, but its kind of like that N word thing.

My biggest beef is the over politicization of sports. nba courts and being able to put invidiual social messages on jerseys is going to end badly for these leagues. I think people have had 4 months of sports being taken away from them and they survived. I think the leagues think we need them waaay more than we actually do and my guess is people will tune out. The leagues will just chalk it up to the weirdness of the season (shortened, modified rules, etc etc) but they'll be mistaken. It will come back eventualy but initially it will be a bloodletting.
The target market of the NBA isn't a bunch of old and middle-aged white guys who worship Trump and think the black lives matter movement is terrorism.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 3:09 pm The REDSKINS will have a big Lynchburg connection this season with Gandy-Golden and Logan Thomas on the roster.
Maybe. Ironically, it's also well within the realm of possibility that AGG's versatility in being able to play either WR or TE could cost Logan a spot on the roster.
But what about players putting Bible verses or other religious symbols on their shoes or faces, is that ok? If you think poltics should be left off the field then religion should also fall in that category.

At the end of the day, if you haven't found a way to ignore the noise and just enjoy the game by now then I guess you never will.
Purple Haize liked this
That's exactly what the Edmonton CFL team did. They have to be called something in the interim.

If they were smart, they'd play the 2020 season as the Washington Football Team and then roll out a new brand for 2021 after they've had time to develop it the right way.
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]