If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TIMSCAR20 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:17 am I'm not a Liberal or Conservative because I believe that rooting for a team in Politics is pointless. Each side has redeemable things and some things that are not worth pursuing. Partisanship calls for support of things that are indefensible and I don't want to be put in that position.

Having said that, Oldflame I genuinely am asking what makes you think Liberals don't support the Military? It is a false narrative. I have seen protests of wars that should not have taken place or the over-use of minority lives in these battles but nobody I have seen has ever protested the actual Military.

Also hero worship of veterans is wrong and flawed. There are guys that are heroes and guys that are committing atrocities. We know because this President has pardoned a few of them. The problem I have in today's politics is that there is not a consensus on what truth even is anymore. Also intellectual honesty is lost. Painting the totality of one side as if the extremists are the norm while ignoring the extremists on your own side and using the best of your own side to represent the entire group.

This us vs them partisanship is horrible. I find it interesting too Oldflame that you suspected the NY Governor Cuomo of possibly cooking the books then mentioned Florida in the very next sentence. Florida has been caught cooking the books! But Cuomo is a Democrat (automatically evil and to be suspected of dishonesty) while DeSantis is a Republican (above reproach and anyone who says otherwise is fake news). I'm picking on Oldflame a bit who I think is a genuinely good dude. My point is we need to start evaluating behaviors without a partisan eye. It would help move our country forward in a ton of areas. Not my guy Oldflame but I suspect some would like to roll back the clock rather than move forward.
All I said was that the military is not universally popular these days, and I believe that is evident. It's really not a matter of Republican or Democrat. There are more than enough of both parties who never met a war they didn't like. The dig I took at Coumo was just that, not an accusation. As I indicated in my post, I actually believe the current low number of cases in NY is a result of the fact that, much like Italy, Spain and Sweden, so many people in NY have either already had the virus or achieved some sort of secondary immunity by being exposed to it as indicated in the article I linked. I'd be interested in seeing your source re: Florida. As far as I know, the only accusations have come from a disgruntled former employee, and have pretty much been discredited. If DeSantos is cooking the books, he has certainly been doing a bad job of it the last couple of weeks!

Love having you back on the board!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Good to be back my friend. Here is the link to the story about the lady who was fired in Florida for refusing to under-report numbers and ended up creating her own dashboard. Whenever you blow the whistle on malfeasance, you get painted as a disgruntled employee. I doubt that is the case. Seems more like a principled scientist that was obligated to tell the truth and not politicize a global pandemic.

https://www.insider.com/woman-fired-flo ... ats-2020-6

Back to the topic on hand (sorry for the hijack but it does bring back flamefans memories), I like E.A.G.L.E. S. Oh that's already taken by the best team in the NfC East :wink:
TIMSCAR20 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 10:54 am Good to be back my friend. Here is the link to the story about the lady who was fired in Florida for refusing to under-report numbers and ended up creating her own dashboard. Whenever you blow the whistle on malfeasance, you get painted as a disgruntled employee. I doubt that is the case. Seems more like a principled scientist that was obligated to tell the truth and not politicize a global pandemic.

Back to the topic on hand (sorry for the hijack but it does bring back flamefans memories), I like E.A.G.L.E. S. Oh that's already taken by the best team in the NfC East :wink:
Carson Wentz isn't even the best Backup QB in the NFC East. That title belongs on Andy Dalton.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: July 14th, 2020, 1:02 pm
TIMSCAR20 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 10:54 am Good to be back my friend. Here is the link to the story about the lady who was fired in Florida for refusing to under-report numbers and ended up creating her own dashboard. Whenever you blow the whistle on malfeasance, you get painted as a disgruntled employee. I doubt that is the case. Seems more like a principled scientist that was obligated to tell the truth and not politicize a global pandemic.

Carson Wentz isn't even the best Backup QB in the NFC East. That title belongs on Andy Dalton.
Huh?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: July 14th, 2020, 1:16 pm
adam42381 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: July 14th, 2020, 1:02 pm Carson Wentz isn't even the best Backup QB in the NFC East. That title belongs on Andy Dalton.
Huh?
Barring an injury to Wentz, Hurts isn't starting anytime soon.
adam42381 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 6:01 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: July 14th, 2020, 5:15 pm Weakest defense of that joke yet.

Barring an injury?

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/playe ... wentz/7450
Maybe I’m missing the joke. Wentz isn’t a backup.
Wentz is injury prone and his team drafted a high profile QB in the second round of the draft. It's a joke that he's already lost his job and that he is worse than Dalton. Anyone with a brain knows he's better than Dalton and the starter in Philly, but he's grossly overpaid for his lack of availability.
alabama24 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 7:39 pm I think it is hilarious that some guy in Virginia bought up many of the good possible names for the team in Washington.
I’m kinda proud of him
alabama24 liked this
Class of 20Something wrote: July 14th, 2020, 7:53 pm
alabama24 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 7:39 pm I think it is hilarious that some guy in Virginia bought up many of the good possible names for the team in Washington.
It's funny but I didn't think squatting worked well if you weren't using the trademark.
He only recently got them. Not long enough to prove he isn’t using them.

There’s a little Stugotz in everyone.
thepostman wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:25 pm I love the Red Tails name but also am a sucker for anything Tuskegee Airmen related.
I’m not opposed to it but how does it tie in to DC?
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 14th, 2020, 10:29 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:30 pm
thepostman wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:25 pm I love the Red Tails name but also am a sucker for anything Tuskegee Airmen related.
I’m not opposed to it but how does it tie in to DC?
They said they wanted something with the military.
I mean the movie was atrocious
Their exploits remarkable
The story not a bright spot in American Military
Great marketing options
0 to do with the greater DC area
Gotta be careful with that mascot as well
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball