If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
I would be for it if they were representing all citizen who were wrongfully arrested, injured or killed by foolish officers. But since they're supporting something that is a fabrication to spark more tension (again), and this is based on research from institutions that one wouldn't expect would take such actions:

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/new- ... shootings/

Anyways, college football is better :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 7:59 pm What is there to be afraid of?

If that is the kind of thing you are worried about, then you guys may have to turn off all sports for a while.

In case you were curious as to why kneeling was chosen over simply sitting. Here is a good read.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-s ... story.html
This is the quote the Pro Kap people miss. (And anti Kap too).

I was showing that I support his right to do that, I support the message behind what he’s demonstrating for,” Boyer said. “But I’m also standing with pride because I feel differently in a lot of ways too. But there’s nothing wrong with feeling differently and believing different things. We can still work together to make this place better.”

Boyer didn’t kneel. Boyer didn’t have some deep insight to why kneeling was actually HONORING the flag (yep I’ve heard that). There is nothing glorious or noble in what he started. He started kneeling because he looked like an jerk just sitting on the bench. But Boyer is spot on. Kap has every right to do that. I don’t have to like it, and I don’t. But if his employer allows it then so be it. People who are upset and offended by it absolutely have every right to no longer watch the NFL. It’s their right as well. They shouldn’t be shamed or branded racists because of it
Kap has a lot of issues I’m not going to address. I’m sticking to this one. I don’t like him kneeling, but if he is allowed it’s his right. I also am perfectly fine not watching a game of nfl football because of it

Side note. When I saw the Cardinals play the 49ers 2 years ago in AZ the boos raining down on the 49ers was one of the loudest I heard. And the cheers for the guy who sang the anthem was half again as loud.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I love that quote. I certainly won't be kneeling but it really has been made into something much more controversial than it ever should've been. It has never made sense to me.

It seems there are a lot of good reasons not to watch the NFL. This kneeling being the nail in the coffin for some people will always just be weird to me.

The NFL is doing fine and will continue to make crap tons if money.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 10:03 pm Yeah, I love that quote. I certainly won't be kneeling but it really has been made into something much more controversial than it ever should've been. It has never made sense to me.

It seems there are a lot of good reasons not to watch the NFL. This kneeling being the nail in the coffin for some people will always just be weird to me.

The NFL is NOT doing well. Games aren’t selling out like they used too. Viewership is down. I don’t like to watch the NFL (as stated ad nauseam and pun intended) because there are too many commercials
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:44 am Josh McDaniels with a healthy Cam could be an incredibly fun offense. The key will be if Cam is healthy.
Not many weapons to put alongside Cam these days though. They need some serious upgrades at the offensive skill positions.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 10:28 pm
thepostman wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 10:03 pm Yeah, I love that quote. I certainly won't be kneeling but it really has been made into something much more controversial than it ever should've been. It has never made sense to me.

The NFL is NOT doing well. Games aren’t selling out like they used too. Viewership is down. I don’t like to watch the NFL (as stated ad nauseam and pun intended) because there are too many commercials
Compared to every other pro sports league in the United States they are doing VERY WELL. Live sports and how people view them is changing so the traditional ways of gathering data doesn't tell the full story. Regardless, even by old school standards, they are still doing well. If the NBA, MLB or NHL had their numbers they'd be extremely happy. I have never been a huge NFL guy so don't really care one way or another if they fail but they are still the class of pro sports in America and I don’t forsee that changing anytime soon.

Football in general is losing popularity though and a generation from now it could look much different. That has more to do with less people having their kids play football than anything else.

But they are still, at this time, doing very well.
By cruzan_flame13
Didn't a "native American" name the team "Redskins?" I know the owner isn't liked much, but how is this offensive? What's offensive is calling individuals "people of color", "African American" and "white." Still those terms are accepted. This is a double standard and people will just accept it smh.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]