If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Spring Training starts July 1, and Opening Day is July 22. Who is excited about watching some professional baseball?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm excited for any kind of live sports. Took a while for everybody to get on board. Gotta feel for the Orioles. They are in for the longest, short season ever.

Also, DH for all! Love it!
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Someone told me that the O's will only play teams in the AL East and the NL East. Is that correct?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. To cut down in travel outside of the region east team will be play east teams (AL/NL), central vs central, and west vs west.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man, can you ever be excited about anything without being upset about something??? Enjoy baseball ⚾️ 😎
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 26th, 2020, 2:08 pm Man, can you ever be excited about anything without being upset about something??? Enjoy baseball ⚾️ 😎

No one is more happier than me, that baseball is starting. As for ESPN, I'm just being honest.

Oh, and I think they have given Mookie Betts the MVP Award.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Sports publications have been making pre-season predictions for decades. Its a prediction. Simmer down and enjoy the ride.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Are they going with that 3 Division thingy? I liked that a lot.
Go Cubs Go!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 26th, 2020, 5:53 pm It isn't 3 divisions. Still 6. But East teams will only be playing east teams,etc.
Link me. I just remember seeing those 3 big divisions
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I haven't seen schedule, but it sounds as of it will be an unbalanced schedule, with some teams getting fat on cupcakes. I hope that's not the way it is.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well that is how it is going to be. The union approved the planned laid out in that article I linked.

It does create unbalanced schedules but that happens every year as some divisions are stronger than others. In this case the unbalanced schedules will be even more evident.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 7:01 pm I haven't seen schedule, but it sounds as of it will be an unbalanced schedule, with some teams getting fat on cupcakes. I hope that's not the way it is.
I think you just cut and paste this into every forum.
ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Let’s hope so. But I have a feeling MLB will have the same teams play each other 19 times a year like always :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By CCWMichael
Let's friddgin play ball! I am not convinced it will still happen but lordy I want it to.
What glory to see the Astros as 2020 WS champions.
And, this might be the last year for Springer in an Astros uniform.

The uncertainties of Covid will impact free agency and the bargaining agreement BIG time next year.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]