If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This move makes quite a bit of sense for them. Now they won't have to travel as far or spend as much $$ to lose. 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. It’s a no brainer for them
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That’s a pretty awesome Tweet though
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:03 pm I've never figured out how they're in ASUN. Nothing "sunny" about NJ.
You’re not wrong. And I live in NJ.
By LUOrange
Gumbart also tweeted that the ASUN is in negotiations with 5 schools about joining. He also kept tweeting about trying to increase his number of followers. His feed was kind of like what you'd expect if one of your grandparents suddenly discovered Twitter. So we'll see.
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
NJIT is officially gone to the America East conference. I believe this is where they wanted to be all along.
By cruzan_flame13
I believe the American East is better ranked in basketball for both men and women than the ASUN. What a great move for them especially with geographic location with the other schools in the AE. If only we can get involved with the A-10 for the same reasons 8) .
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wondering why Gumbart protested when Goodman first tweeted it. Was he trying to keep them? Why? :roll: Is it possible they were keeping everything under tight wraps and Goodman actually found out before Gumbart?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There are rumors of an ASun/American East partnership but I don't see that happening. This seems like a much better fit for NJIT
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 6:55 pm I believe the American East is better ranked in basketball for both men and women than the ASUN. What a great move for them especially with geographic location with the other schools in the AE. If only we can get involved with the A-10 for the same reasons 8) .
If true, then taking the ASUN's 8th place men's bball team might drop that ranking down a notch or two...
By cruzan_flame13
ATrain wrote: June 12th, 2020, 9:57 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 6:55 pm I believe the American East is better ranked in basketball for both men and women than the ASUN. What a great move for them especially with geographic location with the other schools in the AE. If only we can get involved with the A-10 for the same reasons 8) .
If true, then taking the ASUN's 8th place men's bball team might drop that ranking down a notch or two...
They'll still be higher than us with SOS :lol: .
By cruzan_flame13
Now that NJIT is gone, we don't have anyone close to us in our conference. Even Lipscomb will still be a ride for away games. I hope Ian is making some plans for our future.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hate to break it to you, 400 miles to Newark wasn't exactly close.

I suspect this is not the only move we will see. The ASUN Commish carefully worded that tweet. I wonder if our old Mason-Dixon rivals up Baltimore way might be on the move as well.
ATrain liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote: June 13th, 2020, 10:16 am I hate to break it to you, 400 miles to Newark wasn't exactly close.

I suspect this is not the only move we will see. The ASUN Commish carefully worded that tweet. I wonder if our old Mason-Dixon rivals up Baltimore way might be on the move as well.
Well you have point, we were never close to anyone. It's still an issue. Also, who was this old rival that you speak of?
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Well you have point, we were never close to anyone. It's still an issue. Also, who was this old rival that you speak of?
My assumption would be UMBC which was in the Big South back in the day. I don't see UMBC moving conferences anytime soon. They don't have the burden of football. There may be some better geographical fits. They fly to 3 of their away opponents typically.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:25 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Well you have point, we were never close to anyone. It's still an issue. Also, who was this old rival that you speak of?
My assumption would be UMBC which was in the Big South back in the day. I don't see UMBC moving conferences anytime soon. They don't have the burden of football. There may be some better geographical fits. They fly to 3 of their away opponents typically.
I suspect it was a reference to Mt. St. Mary's. LBC and UMBC both spent time in the Mason-Dixon, but not concurrently. For the record, the Mount is in Emmitsburg, which I really don't think counts as part of Baltimore. 8)
Election 2022 and 2024

A congresswoman from a blue state gets you nothi[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: