If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
What are everyone's thoughts about the NBA's plans?

22 eligible teams
8 game resumption of the season
single-site (Disney World)
potential play-in games between the 8th and 9th seeds (if there is a fewer than 4 game disparity)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 1:22 pm I won't watch until they bring back the Supersonics.
Tom Chambers approves of this message
alabama24 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I am one of the few on the forums that actually love the NBA and I am pretty excited. It should make for an interesting couple of months to say the least.
Purple Haize liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I will not watch . But I'm sure ESPN will be drooling and slobbering all over themselves. All they will talk about will be the Lakers and that James guy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 9th, 2020, 1:47 pm I am one of the few on the forums that actually love the NBA and I am pretty excited. It should make for an interesting couple of months to say the least.
For an abbreviated season like this which is basically a Tournament I’ll probably tune in and watch. I’m not much of an NBA fan but this interests me. They have an opportunity here to really cement and grow their fan base. Let’s see if they do
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think it'll be fun and if successful maybe a play in round of some sort will become a norm. Who knows. I am just excited to have some live sports to watch.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am definitely down. No one has a clue what to expect. The Bucks & Lakers looked like the unquestioned contenders before the virus struck. Now it will be more about who can adjust to the circumstances best. I like the Rockets' chances.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I think it will add a lot more urgency to the games. The NBA during the regular season can be a snoozefest. I'm excited for the chaos that it might introduce if an unexpected team gets hot.
By Jonathan Carone
This is gonna feel like summer league with good players. Or an AAU tournament of pros. It'll be great. You're gonna see players from teams sitting in the stands together watching other teams. You'll have more games on tv back to back at good hours. I'm looking forward to it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I can't wait. Giving them a pretty lengthy training camp will hopefully help the quality of play but the key will be which teams brush off the rust quicker.

I am so excited about it but I know how most on here feel about the NBA so didn't bring it up. With nothing sports-related going on maybe some people will check out the nba and realize how entertaining the game is these days.

If not, then I feel sad for them :D
By Class of 20Something
I don't watch the NBA at all so this is their best chance to get me. I'm hoping that it's a bit overtly competitive with everyone fresh and the playoffs on the line.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: June 9th, 2020, 7:47 pm I don't watch the NBA at all so this is their best chance to get me. I'm hoping that it's a bit overtly competitive with everyone fresh and the playoffs on the line.
This is where I am at and a think a sizable portion of people are as well. That’s why I said it’s a ripe opportunity for the NBA to draw in fans. Especially when you consider the 20-21 season starts soon after. I’d love for a “mid level” team like Milwaukee Denver Utah etc. And in this format, anything can happen
By Jonathan Carone
Unfortunately three of the biggest stars (Steph, Klay, and KD) won’t be playing but it’s still gonna be a huge showcase. Lebron/AD. Kawhi/PG. Can Giannis do it in the playoffs? Will Boston’s young guys make the leap? Do Embiid and Simmons still hate each other? How much does everyone hate James Harden?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is unfortunate about KD and Steph but Klay isn't in that same category. At least not for me.

The NBA is so star heavy right now that even missing KD and Steph isn't a huge deal. It'll also be interesting to see if Luka continues to make strides with the Mavs.

And of course who could forget the Orlando Magic!!??? :D

PS. I hate Harden so much. 🤣
By Jonathan Carone
I totally forgot about Luka. That dude is so good.

Klay isn’t the star the others are, but he has a cult following. I’m part of that cult.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My pastor is too so I hear about Klay and Steph way too much.

Yeah, it is easy to leave out some players when talking about the stars of today's NBA. I do hope some new eyes check it out and see it is fun basketball.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You guys can hate on James all you want. But the slimmed down scoring machine is going to be tough to stop.

I can't stand the Mavs but Luka is the real deal.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yep. He is really good but I would never point anybody to watch a Rockets game if they are on the fence about NBA basketball.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 10th, 2020, 7:06 am I never said Harden wasn’t good. He just plays a terrible version of basketball.
The entire NBA plays a terrible version of basketball. ESPN has ruined the NBA. Sometimes I equate NBA to WWE. They always take several players and make them out to be bigger than their team or the sport itself. If it wasn't for the arena workers, I would not care if NBA ever played another game.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]