If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 1:24 pm
Sly Fox wrote: September 18th, 2020, 12:05 am Sean Kemp
Who is "Sean Kemp"? Play Basketball :lol:
Shawns 14th child
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 9:08 am
Purple Haize wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:36 am I’ll probably watch the Finals. Hopefully they will be two teams that are t traditionally there.
It'll be Boston vs one of the LA teams.
Good call.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 9:30 am I know the focus in the east has been on Jimmy Butler and the Heat but what Boston is doing is absolutely phenomenal. Brad Stevens just knows how to get the best out of his team. So happy for Kemba. Amazing what cann happen when you don't have a head case running the point.

I ageee @Jonathan Carone , the Celtics will be Eastern Conf Champs.
Is there an @OldTakesExposed account on here?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Haha, you could've responded at the time to tell me how wrong I was going to be! :D

The Heat proved a lot of people wrong. I'm happy for those guys. They worked hard. Now if they can go ahead and keep it going and shut LA up that would be great.
By Jonathan Carone
jcmanson wrote: September 29th, 2020, 8:03 am
Purple Haize wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:36 am I’ll probably watch the Finals. Hopefully they will be two teams that are t traditionally there.
Good call.
Heat fans are coming out of the woodwork!

I'm a gigantic LeBatard Show fan, so I always pull for the Heat because that universe is so much more fun when Miami teams are good.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
One of my favorites, I have 3 that stand out:

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Enjoy it man. The Heat are a great organization. No doubt about that. The fans in South Florida might not deserve it but that organization sure does.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: September 5th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Miami is winning the Championship
Told y’all it would be the HEAT in the finals (because they can’t win the title without getting there)
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
The Heat's 3 best players are now injured. Unless there's a miraculous turn around, this is going to be ugly.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
LeBron's legacy is undeniable, and the Heat's players getting injured aren't his problem, but it does leave a big "what if" for this series.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’m not sure, Friday showed that even down 2 of their 3 best, the Heat could steal one. If they do, it buys time for Bam and Dragic to come back.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Jimmy mentioned something about getting the guys back in his postgame interview. Strap in, fellas, we might have a series.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Team? That's an archaic concept. Which alliances are in the playoffs would be a better description.

Jimmy Butler was barely good enough to get a lone JUCO offer out of HS. Talk about your development!
stokesjokes liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote: October 5th, 2020, 12:21 pm what teams are in the finals? :D
LeBron picked up some guy out of Kentucky and 3 other dudes
The other team is a group of YMCA stand outs with one guy no ones heard of but no one can stop
stokesjokes liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Game 5 was really entertaining basketball. At least the 2nd half was when I started watching. The Heat, especially Jimmy Butler, fought the entire game and had no desire for their season to end. Anthony Davis reactivated his heel injury. He says he will be fun but it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Regardless, this Heat team has a bright future.

A lot has been said about low ratings but all 4 major sports are seeing a drop in ratings. TV viewership is down across the board (other then news). A lot of reasons for that but it isn't just poltics as some would like to believe.
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
It was a phenomenal game, both halves. LeBron was incredible and somehow was still outgunned by Jimmy G. Buckets. Bam still isn’t all the way back and now with AD hobbled, who knows what happens next.

That’s been one of the interesting things about the bubble- with no home court advantage, the traditional expectations about being down in a series haven’t really held. A team just needs to get hot and they can come back.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Umpteen years ago I thought LeBron could be inarguably the GOAT if he played Point and/or more High post. The one thing he does better than Jordan and dare I say Magic is see the floor and pass. When he’s in the open court looking to distribute he’s scary good. He was at his best in Miami when he played more High Post and could either distribute or over power his defender on one or two dribbles to the rim. As it is I just don’t think he ever reached the level of greatness the hype reached. Sure he’s going to have oodles of Championship rings and it will put him in the pantheon of Greats.
Ironically, to Posty’s point he’s both the reason people watch and don’t watch the NBA. His whining is intolerable for a presumed’GOAT’ and his contrived SJW stances turn a lot of people and TV’s off
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
MJ whined a lot too. I remember it well because it is the main reason I hated him as a kid. Haha.

LeBron is one of the greats. He isn't the greatest and with all the hype he got coming out of high school it seems disappointing to some I guess.

Regardless. He played great last night. Had 3 guys on him and made a fantastic pass to a wide open Danny Green who missed the shot. Heck of a game though and I expect game 6 to be entertaining as well.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]