If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dr. Falwell always looked for an opportunity to spread the gospel. I always look for opportunities to "down" the NBA.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 10:42 pm Dr. Falwell always looked for an opportunity to spread the gospel. I always look for opportunities to "down" the NBA.
So basically you are admitting you are a bitter old man who cannot see the good in anything.
By Class of 20Something
JK37 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 11:31 pm JMU
UVA
Big Ten
Northern diamond teams
Northern states
Pretty much everything northern, now that I think about it
Internet links
Sources
NCAA Leadership
“Power 5”
Democrats
you forgot transfer rules.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 1:00 pm May be quicker to just list the things he likes:

Burger King
Softball
SEC
Liberty
Trump
Bicycles

I think that might be it.
You might be a winner !
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There was a players only call this evening and apparantly not everybody is all in on the resuming the season which isn't surprising but will it change anything? We shall see.

I sure hope not.
By Class of 20Something
In a related tangent. At least the NBA has something working. I'm probably in the minority but I'm siding with the MLB owners. They signed a good faith contract assuming fans would be allowed. Now the players want 100% prorated compensation when they know that the primary revenue stream won't be there. Anyone with a brain knows that any employee anywhere is compensated commiserate with the revenue they bring. The revenue baseball brings has drastically changed. It cannot be expected that the players would make the same. And yet MLB has proposed prorated contracts that do just that.
Purple Haize liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Third-greatest revenue stream. First is television, second is branded sales.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I haven’t seen this discussed probably because I haven’t paid much attention. But are they still planning on starting the 2020-2021 season on time? Cause that’s a quick turnaround
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
No. The earliest would be December 1st but I think a Christmas Day start is something a lot of people feel is a good start day. Christmas Day games are always pretty big for the NBA.
Purple Haize liked this
By Jonathan Carone
The NBA has wanted to push back to Christmas Day for a while. This is their chance to do that. Start at Christmas with the playoffs in July/August when they’d have the sports calendar to themselves.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:46 am The NBA has wanted to push back to Christmas Day for a while. This is their chance to do that. Start at Christmas with the playoffs in July/August when they’d have the sports calendar to themselves.
That’s not a bad thought. Football rules the calendar till Thanksgiving. NFL is shifting to playoffs. No one cares about baseball after opening day until playoffs. It could be brilliant
thepostman liked this
By Jonathan Carone
It also puts the important part of the season in a time where northern cities aren’t battling snow and ice. Could lead to increased attendance.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Having the NBA start when football season is wrapping up and finishing the season right before football starts is just fantastic for me on a selfish level. Having basketball and/or football to watch year round is a dream come true for me.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m an average watcher of the NBA, only increasing lately now that I live in an NBA locality. That said, the season is too long as it is. Hard to get up for games four months from playoff time when half the league makes the playoffs. And the playoffs take almost two months themselves. Start at Christmas, fine. But going all the way to August just sound like overkill to me. I’ll take my baseball in summer, please and thank you.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
April, May, June, July and August is for baseball and softball.
Throw in February and March at college level.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]