If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ill flame
[https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1975968]

Looks like the players agreed to massive realignment this season. The AL and NL will be abolished and we will only have 3 divisions of 10 teams. Both east divisions will be combined to form one division and the same will be done with the Central and west divisions. It looks like no games will be played outside of the division to limit travel.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm on board with whatever gets us some live sports! A lot of purist out there may disagree but I need some more distractions in my life haha.
Ill flame liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 12:56 pm I'm on board with whatever gets us some live sports! A lot of purist out there may disagree but I need some more distractions in my life haha.
I’m with you and actually love these break downs for the future
By Ill flame
Purple Haize wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 1:06 pm
thepostman wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 12:56 pm I'm on board with whatever gets us some live sports! A lot of purist out there may disagree but I need some more distractions in my life haha.
I’m with you and actually love these break downs for the future
I like the current setup with one league having the DH and the other not having it. This would guarantee the dh will be league wide which I'm very against. I don't mind it for a half season though.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In my opinion, MLB is slowly trying to overtake the NCAA as the worst run sports governing body in America. They are on their way to destroying baseball by reducing draft to 5 rounds, and eliminating minor league teams. (I believe it's 42).
This stupid action will effect baseball from MLB , down to Little League.
By Ill flame
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 1:28 pm The DH is pretty much system wide until you get to the pros. It only makes sense for it to be universal.
As a player I loved the DH because I hated hitting but as a fan I hate it unless it's a gimmicky game like the all star game or WBC. There will be backlash from several NL fanbases when the mlb inevitably goes to full DH.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 1:28 pm The DH is pretty much system wide until you get to the pros. It only makes sense for it to be universal.
Just like "4 quarters" in basketball. :lol:
By Ill flame
I'm excited to see how things will turn out in the central division. There should be a lot of parity compared to the other two.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Agreed flame. Central seems wide open. There are multiple contenders on the East and West, but a definite list of have’s and have not’s in then.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 8:22 pm Agreed flame. Central seems wide open. There are multiple contenders on the East and West, but a definite list of have’s and have not’s in then.
Are you talking for 2nd place? Cause CUBS BABY,!!
By Ill flame
Purple Haize wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 10:02 pm
JK37 wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 8:22 pm Agreed flame. Central seems wide open. There are multiple contenders on the East and West, but a definite list of have’s and have not’s in then.
Do I need to remind you the Cubs finished third place, 7 games behind my cards? Have they done anything to get better?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 10:10 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 10:02 pm
Do I need to remind you the Cubs finished third place, 7 games behind my cards? Have they done anything to get better?
Yes, we took a year off to celebrate ur awesomeness and now are ready to resume our dynasty. Assuming we actually have a closer
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 7:53 am Pretty big assumption.
Don’t harsh my vibe man
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I will be shocked if they play any games this year so the realignment doesn’t matter. I hope I’m wrong.
By Ill flame
adam42381 wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 2:44 pm I will be shocked if they play any games this year so the realignment doesn’t matter. I hope I’m wrong.
Games will be played but it end up only bring a short regular season and long playoff in warm/domed stadiums.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]