If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 7:51 pm I have never heard of college baseball being a feeder program.

(Unlike basketball and football)
The list of things you’ve never heard of when it comes to athletics is long. Your demonstrable ignorance is the stuff of legend on this Board
ballcoach15 wrote:I watch a lot of minor league games each year. But I go to watch the MLB prospects.

I don't like the dog and pony shows, and those silly games between innings.
I couldn’t tell you who is and isn’t an MLB prospect I just go to enjoy the game and all that it encompasses. They also have the absolute best and most creative promotions (and team names) around.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I can tell who the best prospects are, after seeing them 2 or 3 times.

You are a basketball guy, I'm a baseball and softball guy. Study
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:04 pm I can tell who the best prospects are, after seeing them 2 or 3 times.

You are a basketball guy, I'm a baseball and softball guy. Study
That’s wasnt the point of my post. But the fact you were not aware of that is not surprising. I couldn’t care less if there are MLB prospects or not. I go because I enjoy the entire experience
By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 7:51 pm I have never heard of college baseball being a feeder program.

[https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... e-players/]

Over 75% of players drafted every year are from a 4 year college. An even higher percentage end up actually signing since they have less leverage than HS draftees and these percentages should only grow. It absolutely is a feeder system. The difference is the large percentage of international players you see in milb compared to other sports.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A lot of fans go for the atmosphere and experience. But I go strictly for baseball.

(and I never go on Fireworks Night)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:50 pm

[https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... e-players/]

Over 75% of players drafted every year are from a 4 year college. An even higher percentage end up actually signing since they have less leverage than HS draftees and these percentages should only grow. It absolutely is a feeder system. The difference is the large percentage of international players you see in milb compared to other sports.
Good info in that article.
What percentage of college players get drafted ?
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 8:20 pm Appy State has cut 3 sports:

Men's soccer, men's tennis, and men's indoor track and field.
App's soccer was on the chopping block already before.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They were at 20 sports before the cuts. That's an insane number for a G5 school.

More cuts a comin'.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 10:19 am That's good news.
Maybe. Maybe not. "Saving" a program by raising pledges of support from former players and other alumni sounds great in theory. It seems in practice it does not always have a happy ending. Pledges are not the same as donations., and if they do not come through, the school is left holding the bag, which just makes things worse.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Wright State is applying for a wavier from NCAA to remain D1, because with the cuts they made, they are below the cutoff for number of sports needed. I hope they go back to drawing board and reinstate softball, and if needed, cut something else. AD said they need a year or 2 to find 1 or 2 sports to replace those cut.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Winthrop just cut their most successful programs: men's and women's tennis :(
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
And Boise just added the baseball program back for the 2019 season. A real kick in the balls to the people associated with that program.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read somewhere that Harvard will be all online this school year. (Still will cost 49,000+ for the year)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 1:33 pm I read somewhere that Harvard will be all online this school year. (Still will cost 49,000+ for the year)
Ballcoach, $49,000 is just for TUITION. Once you factor in room, board, and fees, Harvard is closer to $72,000 per year (plus books).
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 7th, 2020, 1:39 pm You're a little late to the party. We've been discussing it here.

viewtopic.php?p=603489#p603489

What this has to do with D1 program cuts, I have no clue. :roll:
For the most part, I don't follow the "non athletic" threads too much, thus I missed it. I like talking sports more than "social stuff".
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Hampton University cuts men's and women's golf
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:18 pm
olldflame wrote: July 7th, 2020, 1:39 pm You're a little late to the party. We've been discussing it here.

For the most part, I don't follow the "non athletic" threads too much, thus I missed it. I like talking sports more than "social stuff".
Oh baloney - you chime in on nearly every thread in The Courtyard and The Lynchburg Life whenever Jerry Jr. or President Trump are mentioned
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:18 pm

The Army was ok with telling fibs?
ATrain liked this
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]