If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Rubicon wrote: May 13th, 2020, 3:04 pm
tyndal23 wrote: May 13th, 2020, 12:37 pm
Unfortunate ND took that stance. Are you having to do 2 for 1 with PAC 12 schools?
Yes, pretty much anyone. LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Nebraska, and others played us in one-off home games, and we've had some neutral site NFL stadium games (JerryWorld when we beat Oklahoma; Cardinal Stadium when we beat the Arizona). But the Pac12, Big10, and Big12 have otherwise demanded 2-1 deals with the game in Provo being years after the two home games. Utah is an exception, in that we play them every year, alternating.
Love your 20 and 2021 schedules btw. I would think your fans would be much more excited about than your pre 2019 scheduling.
1000x yes! I'd much rather be 7-5 with a really good schedule than 11-1 with a an easy one. We've had trouble scheduling games in October/November because that's the meat of the conference schedules, so our schedules tend to be front-loaded with "murderer's row" games.

The other important thing to us is exposure: not necessarily recruiting, but people having good experiences with BYU's teams and fans.

A lot of places on the East Coast and the Midwest and South are shocked at how many BYU fans come to games over there. BYU doesn't "travel well;" Church members, alumni, and fans in the area go to the games (usually, there are devotionals and firesides that accompany the games, so it's kind of a big weekend for those area). If the missionaries are lucky, the local mission president lets the whole mission go to the game!

I think Liberty has the potential to have a similar effect.
Thanks for sharing and I agree 100% with you on scheduling. I am in the 1% on this board however. That will change after a few of years when people get bored with playing random G5 schools and figure out we are on a road to nowhere playing it safe as a G5 wanna be.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]