If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Paying college athletes will have negative effect on college sports. Very stupid idea. It will cause trouble in locker rooms. The QB may be getting 50,000 from local car dealer, while the center snapping him the ball gets nothing.(just 1 example)
At the bigger rogue schools, the auto dealers will be doing more recruiting than the coaches. The 4 and 5 star recruits will be paid to sign .

Combine paying players with the transfer portal, and college sports will be destroyed.
I guess car dealers can recruit from other schools, also.
badger74 liked this
I really don't quite understand the logic many people have who say this will ruin college athletics. If anything, it'll help college athletics and those players who are on the fence about going to pro to stay in school a bit longer.

But most importantly, NCAA Foootball and Basketball video games can finally make a comeback! Sounds like a win/win to me.

College athletics will be just fine.
the transfer portal has already shown greater distribution of talent across the landscape of college football. This will only do the same. The days of teams hoarding 5 star skill players are over. which is good for college football. We'd of not seen justin fields yet. we'd of not had that great last season by jalen hurts. etc etc.
RubberMallet wrote: April 30th, 2020, 12:09 pm the transfer portal has already shown greater distribution of talent across the landscape of college football. This will only do the same. The days of teams hoarding 5 star skill players are over. which is good for college football. We'd of not seen justin fields yet. we'd of not had that great last season by jalen hurts. etc etc.
I've definitely started seeing a trend of lower level p5 teams taking underutilized 4 and 5* transfers from elite programs to fill out their roster. Teams couldn't rely on transfers to build their rosters around but having a few super talented guys they wouldn't normally get helps close the gap a little.
RubberMallet wrote: April 30th, 2020, 12:09 pm the transfer portal has already shown greater distribution of talent across the landscape of college football. This will only do the same. The days of teams hoarding 5 star skill players are over. which is good for college football. We'd of not seen justin fields yet. we'd of not had that great last season by jalen hurts. etc etc.
Golly. There is an SEC school historically famous for that. Even recruiting players they didn’t need just so another team wouldn’t get them. Name slips my mind but one of their former coaches used to wear a funny hat and was named after some forest creature
correct. every university has doaners that can attract with money. this allows programs with a real opportunity at 4 and 5 stars as opposed to the top tier programs hoarding them all. remember there is already an enormous desparity is the haves and have nots in college football. generationally there are only 10-12 teams who have ANY chance at winning.
Purple Haize wrote: April 30th, 2020, 12:24 pm
Golly. There is an SEC school historically famous for that. Even recruiting players they didn’t need just so another team wouldn’t get them. Name slips my mind but one of their former coaches used to wear a funny hat and was named after some forest creature
Alex, I'll take Bear Bryant's Teams for $1,000 please. Study
ballcoach15 wrote: April 30th, 2020, 5:44 am Paying college athletes will have negative effect on college sports. Very stupid idea. It will cause trouble in locker rooms. The QB may be getting 50,000 from local car dealer, while the center snapping him the ball gets nothing.(just 1 example)
At the bigger rogue schools, the auto dealers will be doing more recruiting than the coaches. The 4 and 5 star recruits will be paid to sign .

Combine paying players with the transfer portal, and college sports will be destroyed.
I guess car dealers can recruit from other schools, also.
Maybe there will be trickle down economics, QB pays the line to block.
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. That's[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If Cleveland isn't in gym everyday working on addi[…]

This right here. You think most of the out[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]