If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 30th, 2020, 7:11 pm The NCAA D1 Council voted today to officially grant senior spring sports athletes an extra year of eligibility. This is for all spring sports.
Maybe the Bishops will come back with their husbands in tow :D
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 9:07 am The Ivy League schools will not be granting seniors an extra year. I believe 70 seniors from the league have already entered transfer portal.
Not surprisingly, you are only partially correct and of course did not explain why. The policy of the Ivy League has always been that only undergraduates can compete in athletics. There are actually quite a few Ivy League Seniors who have dropped Spring classes so they will not graduate, and can return.

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports ... 00402.html
Purple Haize liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
The title of this thread is misleading. While seniors were given an extra year to compete, so were all other spring sports participants, regardless of year in school.
By rtb72
I really wish they had considered the men and women's basketball for the same extension. I know it would have to cover all programs, many of which would not have had a post season, but what a gut shot to have the entire post season play cancelled for your senior year. I guess to do it for just basketball would be to exclusive to other fall sports, so perhaps it would have just been too much controversy.....I just hate it for those programs that were going to the dance or NIT.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: April 4th, 2020, 11:15 am I really wish they had considered the men and women's basketball for the same extension. I know it would have to cover all programs, many of which would not have had a post season, but what a gut shot to have the entire post season play cancelled for your senior year. I guess to do it for just basketball would be to exclusive to other fall sports, so perhaps it would have just been too much controversy.....I just hate it for those programs that were going to the dance or NIT.
They did consider it. They considered it long and hard. It was a tough call, but IMHO they got it right.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
From what I'm being told this still has to get Conference approval. We are from a pretty poor conference and they might not be able to handle 3-15 extra scholarships for track, golf, softball, etc... Might give schools like Liberty to big of advantage.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I got my information from a small article I read in a newspaper a couple days ago. I knew there was more to it than I posted, but I did not have time to go back and research the article.I did not want to "guess", thus posting false information .

In my opinion as a result of all that is going on with cancellation of spring sports, the transfer portals will be very active between now and August.
By LUDad
prototype wrote: April 4th, 2020, 12:59 pm From what I'm being told this still has to get Conference approval. We are from a pretty poor conference and they might not be able to handle 3-15 extra scholarships for track, golf, softball, etc... Might give schools like Liberty to big of advantage.
Schools are already having problems with olympic sports aside from having extra scholarships to deal with.

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/ ... -fall/amp/
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Some schools that are financially challenged are not offering the scholarship for another year. I haven't heard of conferences making any decisions yet. We still have about a month or more to wait.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 12:04 pm Will final say, be up to conferences or individual schools ?
The Conferences can allow or disallow it. But since the individual schools would have to pay for it then it would be their final decision
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]