If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

What if the NCAA tested each team and staff for the corona virus, its not like they are hurting for money. That way if you have one player who has it you keep them quarantined and you let the rest of them travel and play.

I think there are a lot of ways you could help prevent and protect the players from sickness and still have the tournament go on.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
On a basketball related note, the cancelation of this week's conference tourneys also has an impact on our seeding. With less cinderella auto bids pushing out fence riding at larges, our seeding might be a bitter higher than expected.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: March 12th, 2020, 12:51 pm If they play. NCAA boards are full of the same presidents that just cancelled those tournaments.
According to my #sources the NCAA Tournament is getting cancelled
adam42381 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: March 12th, 2020, 4:57 pm College World Series doesn't start till June right? MLB has stated they have pushed opening day back 2 weeks at this point. Mark Emmert and the NCAA took the shot gun approach and it has back-fired.
NCAA baseball regionals were scheduled to begin May 29th. That's 2 and a half months from now. Nobody really knows what the situation will be then. Why not wait a while?
With many schools closing through the end of the month and some through the end of the year, the NCAA had no choice but to cancel. You can’t have college championships for colleges that don’t have classes. How do you feed and house the athletes when schools are closed?

The more interesting thing is if this year’s senior class gets an automatic redshirt and if so, what does that do to the incoming recruits.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 12th, 2020, 5:29 pm With many schools closing through the end of the month and some through the end of the year, the NCAA had no choice but to cancel. You can’t have college championships for colleges that don’t have classes. How do you feed and house the athletes when schools are closed?

The more interesting thing is if this year’s senior class gets an automatic redshirt and if so, what does that do to the incoming recruits.
I don't think there is any way they do that. Had you heard it was being considered?
I didn’t say that. I said if.

The NCAA just took away a season for spring athletes. There’s an argument that they owe those students their final season of eligibility. If they don’t give it to them, that’s a massive lawsuit waiting to happen.

But if they give it to them, what happens to incoming recruits and scholarship limits?
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 12th, 2020, 5:35 pm I didn’t say that. I said if.

The NCAA just took away a season for spring athletes. There’s an argument that they owe those students their final season of eligibility. If they don’t give it to them, that’s a massive lawsuit waiting to happen.

But if they give it to them, what happens to incoming recruits and scholarship limits?
They aren't cancelling the Spring seasons, just the tournaments. Pretty sure decisions on the regular season would be up to the conferences and individual schools.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's time for new leadership within NCAA. The NCAA president should resign today, along with most, if not all P5 conference commissioners. This could very well be the end of NCAA as we know it. All the blame will rest on 7 individuals.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]