If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A lot of these organizations, including the NCAA, are working with government officials to make these decisions. They aren't making them on a whim especially with so much money involved.

I'm sure you're downplaying the virus, which is your right to do @ballcoach15 but the only definite thing we know about this thing is we don't really know any definitive things. Including risk, spread, etc.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
The CDC must know something we don't. Cause this looks a lot like the flu to me. A bad strain, but we face one every year?Globally 150K people die per day for various reasons? This just don't feel right?

I'm hearing rumors Israeli scientist already have it figured out and a vaccination is being fast tracked.

:dontgetit
Last edited by TH Spangler on March 12th, 2020, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Haize liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm super bummed though. Not only for our school but every year I enjoy the sport I love more than any other during the week of my birthday. From the time I was a kid, I felt like the opening weekend of the tournament was made just for me. Of course that is silly but to this day, it is my favorite weekend in sports. I'm going to miss it.

I feel silly for being sad about it but I'm really sad Bout it haha.
Purple Haize liked this
By VarsityLu
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 6:34 pm It's time for new leadership within NCAA. The NCAA president should resign today, along with most, if not all P5 conference commissioners. This could very well be the end of NCAA as we know it. All the blame will rest on 7 individuals.
Wow. That's all I can say. :dontgetit
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 12th, 2020, 7:01 pm It leads me to believe that NCAA officials were told some more info than the public is aware of. That is just my conspiratorial mind working though.
Next question: are you a member of the public or do you actually know more, but can't say you know more, and so this is your way of saying it without saying it?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 6:34 pm It's time for new leadership within NCAA. The NCAA president should resign today, along with most, if not all P5 conference commissioners. This could very well be the end of NCAA as we know it. All the blame will rest on 7 individuals.
Why should they resign?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think NCAA officials had absolutely no idea what to do, therefore they just canceled everything. Canceling spring sports makes no sense, at this point in time.

NCAA president makes 3.9 million a year, thus he's not bothered by putting thousands of low income stadium workers out of work, not to mention umpires, officials and others.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 12th, 2020, 8:29 pm
Why should they resign?
Poor leadership and in some instances, no leadership.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think NCAA officials had absolutely no idea what to do, therefore they just canceled everything. Canceling spring sports makes no sense, at this point in time.

NCAA president makes 3.9 million a year, thus he's not bothered by putting thousands of low income stadium workers out of work, not to mention umpires, officials and others.
But what about the millions they are losing by cancelling March Madness? They aren't going to do that unless they are getting info you aren't privy to. When have you ever known the NCAA to turn down an opportunity to mane money? Use some critical thinking.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 8:33 pm I think NCAA officials had absolutely no idea what to do, therefore they just canceled everything. Canceling spring sports makes no sense, at this point in time.

This is unchartered territory for everyone. While I might agree with you that there’s a lot of hype involved I’m not sure you can fault an abundance of caution. Social Distancing is basic science in stopping the spread of contagion so these steps are right in line with accepted medical practice
thepostman liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Does NCAA expect everyone affected by the decision to " go to their room", lock the door and not come out until next school year ? Indoor sports maybe, but outdoor sports in fresh air, should be safe.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 8:56 pm Does NCAA expect everyone affected by the decision to " go to their room", lock the door and not come out until next school year ? Indoor sports maybe, but outdoor sports in fresh air, should be safe.
What about people in the stands? What about the workers? Do you even know what Social Distancing is and how it works? Why it’s effective? Maybe compare and contrast solitary confinement and quarantine
thepostman liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 8:56 pm Does NCAA expect everyone affected by the decision to " go to their room", lock the door and not come out until next school year ? Indoor sports maybe, but outdoor sports in fresh air, should be safe.
You are aware that people in your age group are much more likely to die from this than people my age and younger, right? Student-athletes have parents and grandparents that like to attend events - this is to protect them, and YOU Mr. Never Miss A Softball Game.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Guys, to think that ballcoach has the least bit of common sense regarding a situation such as this is...well it is dumb. I think the conspiracy folks and the people who continue to downplay the potential problems that this could lead to need to pull their heads out of the sand. The sky isn't falling, but caution is common sense.
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 9:33 pm Of the 6 teams who had punched their ticket to NCAA tournament, we have the best record.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Play Basketball
I'm ok with this
By LUDad
This is absolutely insane. You have hundreds if not thousands of baseball teams traveling by bus or plane every weekend for a 3 game series and once or twice each week day and you cannot let these teams compete for a national championship that they have dreamed of for years. Leave the fans at home. How much of a difference will three extra weekend make!!!! There will be lot less travel for tournaments. STUPID. If it's that critical, cancel the season.

EDIT: OK, Just read where they will likely cancel all the spring seasons. That is much more consistent.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
To assume they all know something we dont is equally dumb. If they all knew something they would have all cancelled at the same time rather than staggered over 2 days.

It starts with the most liberal ivy league pulling the plug. Then the media snowball turns into an avalanche and moron rudy gobert pushes it all over the top. Everybody is scared to death of the scathing social media ridicule.

Cancelling things in june right now is over the top. It certainly could reach that point and soon but you literally lose nothing by making this decision 2 to 3 weeks down the road after postponing events now.

We are setting long term precedence with short term decision making here. This is showing our enemies the path to wreck us in the future.
ballcoach15, LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Right now, softball and baseball is suspended thru April 5 for ASUN teams.
Alabama (and all of SEC I think ) have canceled games thru end of March.
Hopefully come April, play will resume.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote: March 12th, 2020, 10:34 pm To assume they all know something we dont is equally dumb. If they all knew something they would have all cancelled at the same time rather than staggered over 2 days.

It starts with the most liberal ivy league pulling the plug. Then the media snowball turns into an avalanche and moron rudy gobert pushes it all over the top. Everybody is scared to death of the scathing social media ridicule.

Cancelling things in june right now is over the top. It certainly could reach that point and soon but you literally lose nothing by making this decision 2 to 3 weeks down the road after postponing events now.

We are setting long term precedence with short term decision making here. This is showing our enemies the path to wreck us in the future.
Excellent post , i have had several people tell me this evening that the Democrats are behind this entire deal. Their goal is to destroy America, and this is just one thing on their list.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]