If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

So we are screening, not testing. That means players who might have Covid but are asymptomatic are not showing up.

At larger schools where they are actually testing daily - to the tune of an estimated $25,000 - they will know if a player gets a positive even if they show no symptoms.
TH Spangler wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:26 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:19 pm
TH Spangler wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:14 pm I saw where UNC football just reported 37 positive covin19 results. Last thing I heard about Liberty was 0.

Somethings up fellas. :dontgetit
Do you know that Liberty is testing players? Or are they just screening?

Also - as a private university, Liberty is not held to the same reporting standards as publics.
https://www.aseaofred.com/freeze-says-l ... -19-tests/
Based on the article, there have been no positive tests...they’re not testing, they’re screening. Also, that article is almost a month old.

EDIT: I was a page behind.
TH Spangler wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:41 pm I'm beginning to think theres a lot of political :BS going on.
Based on what? The fact we’re not spending $25,000 to test our players and therefore don’t know if asymptomatic players would test positive?

The only thing going on is the difference in a G5 budget and a P5 budget.
I know for a fact out here in Montana there have been a few medical facilities that have tested people and lied about the results, which has increased the positives. I know people are getting sick from this and thousands have died as well and others are still having issues even after recovering. I am just sick and tired of all the lies and manipulation going on. All that is happening in our country should be a reminder of the comfort found in God's sovereignty. As Charles Spurgeon once said, "God's sovereignty is the sweetest and most comforting pillow for our weary heads." ASOR family may we pursue laying our heads on the pillow of God's sovereignty all day everyday.
thepostman, ballcoach15 liked this
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:56 pm I know for a fact out here in Montana there have been a few medical facilities that have tested people and lied about the results, which has increased the positives. I know people are getting sick from this and thousands have died as well and others are still having issues even after recovering. I am just sick and tired of all the lies and manipulation going on. All that is happening in our country should be a reminder of the comfort found in God's sovereignty. As Charles Spurgeon once said, "God's sovereignty is the sweetest and most comforting pillow for our weary heads." ASOR family may we pursue laying our heads on the pillow of God's sovereignty all day everyday.
Rapture, please. :wink:
Someone help me here. How much does conference-only really reduce risk and liability? It seems like a cosmetic move at best relative to a full schedule, just something to say, “Well, we tried something.”

If your considerations are based in risk, then do something that actually mitigates risk!
In theory it cuts down travel since conferences are closer. You could do everything by bus and cut down on hotels and airplanes.

However, with the way conferences have exploded in the last decade, that’s definitely not the case anymore.
JK37 wrote: July 18th, 2020, 2:06 pm Someone help me here. How much does conference-only really reduce risk and liability? It seems like a cosmetic move at best relative to a full schedule, just something to say, “Well, we tried something.”

If your considerations are based in risk, then do something that actually mitigates risk!
It’s all about appearances
JK37 wrote: July 18th, 2020, 2:06 pm Someone help me here. How much does conference-only really reduce risk and liability? It seems like a cosmetic move at best relative to a full schedule, just something to say, “Well, we tried something.”

I can answer that. The conferences can mandate across the board protocols that must be followed by each school. So for example here in the ACC we have a multi page visiting team protocol list that each home team must follow when hosting a team from the conference. Normally this is just basic stuff like towels, amount of lockers in locker room, food provision pre and post game etc. Now it involves cleaning procedures, egress for away team, cleaning supplies provided for each away team for post halftime cleaning by staff, etc. It also makes sure travel and hotel accommodations are uniform across the board. All flights are chartered to reduce exposure at airports(basically drive up to the plane, land get off plane, hop on bus, go to hotel. (still working on whether we are going day of or not.) its all about making sure you get the same experience at each away game. If we played UCF we wouldn't get the same accommodations as we would if we went to play Miami because they don't have to follow conference protocols. The list is long. its going to be a pain but its doable for each team.
flamesfilmguy wrote: July 18th, 2020, 3:04 pm

I can answer that. The conferences can mandate across the board protocols that must be followed by each school. So for example here in the ACC we have a multi page visiting team protocol list that each home team must follow when hosting a team from the conference. Normally this is just basic stuff like towels, amount of lockers in locker room, food provision pre and post game etc. Now it involves cleaning procedures, egress for away team, cleaning supplies provided for each away team for post halftime cleaning by staff, etc. It also makes sure travel and hotel accommodations are uniform across the board. All flights are chartered to reduce exposure at airports(basically drive up to the plane, land get off plane, hop on bus, go to hotel. (still working on whether we are going day of or not.) its all about making sure you get the same experience at each away game. If we played UCF we wouldn't get the same accommodations as we would if we went to play Miami because they don't have to follow conference protocols. The list is long. its going to be a pain but its doable for each team.
Lending more credence that we are now in the litigation mitigation portion of the pandemic
ballcoach15 liked this
The Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC), which is home to most of the state's private D3 schools (there are only two public D3s), is postponing all sports to the spring. Basketball and other winter sports will not play in the fall semester.

The Capital Athletic Conference, home to the two public D3s, has suspended fall sports competition. Though the CAC doesn't sponsor football so CNU's football team is not subject to that. Winter sports that play in the fall semester are not subject to this.

The Atlantic East, home to Marymount, has also suspended fall sports competition, winter sports that play in the fall semester are still on, it appears.

That only leaves Averett and Mary Baldwin of the D3s in Virginia that are still scheduled to play this fall sports. They frequently play the other Virginia schools for non-conference competition so will be interesting to see how long they hold out.
So the ASUN, OVC, and Big Sky are delaying the start of the fall season until Sept. 17/18, with Big South delaying until Sept. 3...OVA and Big Sky have yet to make decisions about football however
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]