If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

A friend told me that JMU has the best football team in Virginia. I told him to put down his purple Koolaid, because it had turned HARD. :koolaid :nono
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2020, 6:20 pm LU is only team in Virginia that won their final game, and left the field with the trophy.
...but head to head, JMU would likely be a 2-3 touchdown favorite. I don't think they would beat UVa or Tech, even as sucky as Tech is.

Don't FCS teams have the advantage of being able to use this BCS transfers without a year lost to augment their recruiting? UMass found out that FCS success doesn't translate to FBS success.
Yes, and some FCS schools build their team around transfers.
If a player transfers down, they not have to sit a year.
I may have been only person in state who wanted JMU to lose. I simply don't like them.

FCS championship game had 17 000+ fans.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on January 12th, 2020, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I actually think based on yesterday's game, were probably in between NDSU and JMU. I really don't think this years Liberty team loses to JMU.

I give zero credence to any metric that blends FBS and FCS. Sagarin has NDSU at 33 and JMU at 55. Liberty is 106 in the same metric. NDSU is not better than half the SEC.
Class of 20Something wrote: January 12th, 2020, 10:38 am I actually think based on yesterday's game, were probably in between NDSU and JMU. I really don't think this years Liberty team loses to JMU.

I give zero credence to any metric that blends FBS and FCS. Sagarin has NDSU at 33 and JMU at 55. Liberty is 106 in the same metric. NDSU is not better than half the SEC.
I don't know, I think NDSU could hold their own and win over any team not named Georgia, Florida, LSU, Alabama, or Auburn from the SEC.
ATrain wrote: January 12th, 2020, 5:06 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: January 12th, 2020, 10:38 am I actually think based on yesterday's game, were probably in between NDSU and JMU. I really don't think this years Liberty team loses to JMU.

I don't know, I think NDSU could hold their own and win over any team not named Georgia, Florida, LSU, Alabama, or Auburn from the SEC.
Thye are in a great place and will never move up. They can own the FCS for the next decade... if not more.
2 to 3 td fav??? Cmon. Thats up there for ridiculous post of the year.

I would have agreed before this year that they would be favored but not by much with gill as coach.

The fcs is totally devoid of talent. This is not the fcs of 10 years ago. There is only about 5 to 7 teams with resources and you see that manifest itself.
ATrain wrote: January 12th, 2020, 5:06 pm

They have had great results against Big 12 and B1G teams when they play one a year. The week after week grind of of a P5 conference would be a much bigger challenge, especially the SEC.
oldflame wrote: January 17th, 2020, 8:27 am
adam42381 wrote: January 11th, 2020, 3:26 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2020, 2:48 pm Go Bisons.
Bison is already plural. And their nickname.
But apparently when Lipscomb chose their nickname, they either weren't aware of this, or decided to ignore it. They go by Bisons.
I learned something today.
https://herosports.com/news/lipscomb-bi ... bison-ahah
Liberty22 liked this
Say it ain't so. According to Adam's further research, Ballcoach is RIGHT? :shock: Who needs coached up now? :lol:

Cider Jim wrote: January 18th, 2020, 10:58 am
Say it ain't so. According to Adam's further research, Ballcoach is RIGHT? :shock: Who needs coached up now? :lol:

He would have been right if he had been referring to Lipscomb (but they don't even have a football team). NDSU's teams have always been the Bison.
thepostman liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’ll[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]