If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU 57
Apologies if this has been posted, but this article was pointed out to me when I was talking to a co-worker about LU and Coach Freeze. Obviously, I am an LU guy first and foremost, followed by VT (grad school), but Dabo is the man. I wish I was as bold in my faith:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com ... on-culture
Last edited by Class of 20Something on December 14th, 2019, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Typo post title
alabama24 liked this
By chris leedlelee
Very interesting how the article tries to present Dabo's religious practices with the team as something controversial. Almost like its meant to be a hit piece on him. This is why I always take the hit pieces against LU with a huge grain of salt. Most in the MSM do loathe religion, and the bias always shows in their writings.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
There is no denying that our brother in Christ Dabo is bold in his faith in Christ. It will also never surprise me that local or national media sources will paint someones faith in Christ in a bad light. Jesus told his disciples and it teaches us that if they persecuted me they will persecute you. I agree with you on taking media sources with a grain of salt when it comes to attacks or negative words being directed at Christians. Certain articles about LU's culture in regards to its leadership (Jerry Jr.) have been needed to expose some issues that some of us on this board have known for a while.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Anybody remember when one of Ballcoach's sources told him that Dabo would be the coach to replace TG at LU? :shock:
alabama24 liked this
By chris leedlelee
Cider Jim wrote: December 14th, 2019, 4:34 pm Anybody remember when one of Ballcoach's sources told him that Dabo would be the coach to replace TG at LU? :shock:
We always have a good chance to poach an Offensive/Defensive Coordinator from Clemson as a head coach once Hugh Freeze is gone. While Clemson will always be Clemson, I am fine with Liberty being a Clemson-lite on the landscape of college football for Christian athletes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 14th, 2019, 4:34 pm Anybody remember when one of Ballcoach's sources told him that Dabo would be the coach to replace TG at LU? :shock:
Thus why we put 0 credence in any of his sources
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A Clemson DE, Logan Rudolph is brother of Steelers QB, Mason Rudolph. Their parents have ties to LU, but I can't recall what they are.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: January 8th, 2020, 7:20 pm A Clemson DE, Logan Rudolph is brother of Steelers QB, Mason Rudolph. Their parents have ties to LU, but I can't recall what they are.
Brett Rudolph - brought in by Sam Rutigliano and was an assistant ( all American LB at UNC ) ended up marrying a teammate of mine’s sister who ran track for Liberty. Don’t think they dated until years later.
ballcoach15 liked this
By BlueBlood
Dabo brought a decent portion of his team to Sunday morning services at our church in Tampa the day before they beat Bama in the 2016/2017 NC game. Impressive priorities.
ballcoach15 liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]