If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:00 am Worst bowls were based on team matchups and/or location of bowl. My vote for worst bowl of them all is the Gator Bowl.
Ballcoach, since you list 2 criteria--and one of them is LOCATION--how many of those 13 bowls have you actually been to? Or, if you are basing it on the city, how may of those 13 cities have you been to?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Based on city and/or school, plus Bowl in a couple games (Gator and Sugar). I have been to each of the 13 cities, except Detroit, Boise and Santa Clara. I have only been to Camping World Bowl, of the 13 mentioned. I was all set to drive to El Paso once for Sun Bowl, but they selected a PAC 12 team to play VT, thus I backed out of going.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 5:15 pm One thing I haven't seen mentioned on Sea of Red message boards, is some teams go to bowl games, and are just happy to be there, and their play shows it. Some teams show up ready to play football, and don't allow outside distractions to affect them.
Take the Citrus Bowl, I would guess Alabama isn't too excited about Citrus Bowl, after missing playoffs for first time. Going to be interesting which Crimson Tide team shows up.
Some teams have high hopes for next season, and use bowl game as a foundation. Orange Bowl is a good example. I see Florida coming into Miami highly motivated to get a jump on next season, whereas Virginia will just be happy to be there.

As for distractions (bells, whistles and dog and pony shows"), Virginia Tech has fallen into this trap in the past, despite their 27 straight bowl games.

I have been to bowl games in Atlanta, Shreveport, Orlando and Naval Academy. All were excellent bowls, when I went.
This might be the most thought out and well written post you’ve ever made on this board. More of this. Well done.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
It's taken me years, but I think I have coached up ballcoach in his critial thinking and composition skills. Study Either that, or he has hired a ghost writer. :shock:
alabama24 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 7:19 pm So far, the 2 best bowl games have both been in Orlando. LU over Ga Southern and Alabama over Michigan.
I thought that bowl the other day in Charlotte was pretty sweet.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 7:31 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 7:19 pm So far, the 2 best bowl games have both been in Orlando. LU over Ga Southern and Alabama over Michigan.
I believe you need to be "coached up" on college football.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Clemson v OSU was a great Bowl game.
The Belk Bowl was also pretty good. The Kentucky QB is a punk but he certainly backed it up so not much you can do. He should play on Sundays.
Minnesota over Auburn was interesting. Minnesota’s Coach is intriguing and I had them as my Dark Horse.
No crazy multiple OT games this year that I recall. Seems like every year there’s at least one
adam42381 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Cure Bowl and the Belk Bowl were my two favorites. It was great watching the Hokies choke it on defense in Bud Foster's last game! :lol:
Purple Haize, JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 8:03 pm
There’s a sticks and stones thing that comes to mind.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 1st, 2020, 8:30 pm
Clemson v OSU was a great Bowl game.
The Belk Bowl was also pretty good. The Kentucky QB is a punk but he certainly backed it up so not much you can do. He should play on Sundays.
Minnesota over Auburn was interesting. Minnesota’s Coach is intriguing and I had them as my Dark Horse.
No crazy multiple OT games this year that I recall. Seems like every year there’s at least one
Minnesota vs Auburn game was indeed
interesting. I still can't believe the Goofers beat Auburn. Apparently AU did not come to play.
Any team that beats Alabama should be able to beat a Big 10 team.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
That Big 10 team was awfully good.

Auburn looked awfully good. Minnesota made some great halftime adjustments. Both teams “came to play”, and the better one came out on top.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:05 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 8:03 pm

There’s a sticks and stones thing that comes to mind.
Of course you’d actually need a real coach to coach you up. So there’s that
JK37 liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 1st, 2020, 8:53 pm The Cure Bowl and the Belk Bowl were my two favorites. It was great watching the Hokies choke it on defense in Bud Foster's last game! :lol:
Foster was overrated, imo. There is a lot of Kool-Aid being drunk in these forums... but <if> Freeze stays and recruiting continues to improve each year... we could be ranked higher than either VT or UVA at the end of the year. He is certainly the best coach in the state!
ballcoach15 liked this
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]