If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

TH Spangler wrote: December 9th, 2019, 8:06 am Appalachian State’s football coach is on the move after a year on the job, according to a report from ESPN

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/12/09/report- ... ed-mizzou/
I suspect App St is destined to continue to be be a stepping stone/launching pad for really good young coaches. They have such a solid foundation and a great fan base, and IMHO it would almost be hard to mess things up enough not to win. While that doesn't sound ideal, it's really not a bad place to be. They will almost certainly get another good one (for at least a year or 2) 8) .
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
New coach is Sam Pittman. He did not "win the press conference ". Most boring press conference I have ever heard in any sport.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I guess those who thought HC would go to arkansas, feel too stupid to reply, now.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Please find the people who thought this was a real possibility and quote them. I'm 100% confident I'll be waiting a long time because nobody said that.

Anytime there is an opening, especially a SEC opening, the question will be there. It seemed go me most, if not all, posters believed HF was going go stay.

But if you can find those posts and quote them I will gladly tell you I was wrong.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There was a lot of Arkansas chatter, not to have any comments on new coach, i guess I should have worded my post different.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 10th, 2019, 7:30 am Please find the people who thought this was a real possibility and quote them. I'm 100% confident I'll be waiting a long time because nobody said that.

Anytime there is an opening, especially a SEC opening, the question will be there. It seemed go me most, if not all, posters believed HF was going go stay.

But if you can find those posts and quote them I will gladly tell you I was wrong.
Obviously it was one of the voices in his head
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 8:15 am There was a lot of Arkansas chatter, not to have any comments on new coach, i guess I should have worded my post different.
Define "a lot"
By Class of 20Something
I thought it would be prudent to have a dedicated thread to the coaching carousel rather than a new thread for each hire. I’ll highlight the big moves and relevant moves in this post.

USF Charlie Strong (Fired) -> Jeff Scott (Clemson Co-OC)

ODU Bobby Willder (Resigned) -> Ricky Rhane (Penn State Playcaller)

Mizzou Barry Odom (Fired) -> Eli Drinkwitz (App St HC)

Arkansas Chad Morris (Fired) -> Sam Pittman (Georgia Co-OC and OL)

Florida State Willie Taggart (Fired) -> Mike Norvell (Memphis HC)

Ole Miss Matt Luke (Fired) -> Lane Kiffin (FAU HC)

Rutgers Chris Ash (Fired) -> Greg Schiano

Other Coaches of Note.

The AFCA released the 35 under 35 list for 2019. The list included our own Scott Symons and LU football alum Darren Jackson.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
Definitely a good hire, to early to tell who made best hire. IF Schiano can repeat his success a second time at Rutgers then he might be the best hire. It will be fun to watch.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 7:18 am I guess those who thought HC would go to arkansas, feel too stupid to reply, now.
You’re insufferable.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 7:18 am I guess those who thought HC would go to arkansas, feel too stupid to reply, now.
Haha, I guess that's a feeling you've never had.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:32 am
You’re insufferable.
U also.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]