If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 1:43 am
Purple Haize wrote: December 30th, 2019, 4:31 pm Dabo to Bama? You guys are cute
Please don’t lump me in with Ballcoach :lol:

As I mentioned above, it is highly unlikely that he will ever coach at BAMA. “Mama calling” only goes so far. Dabo has an ideal situation at Clemson. He has shown he can recruit there. He has shown he can win. Clemson has shown they will pony up.

Ballcoach is Wrong. Winning this year makes it less likely that he moves back to BAMA. A loss this year and several years of struggle? That would be a different story. FWIW- If It were to ever happen, I think it more likely that another coach comes between Saban and Dabo.
That’s the only way I see it happening. You never wanna be the guy who follows THE Guy. Never works out.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Has anyone heard from ballcoach since the Belk Bowl? Do we need to call the Gretna Rescue Squad???
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: December 31st, 2019, 8:19 pm Has anyone heard from ballcoach since the Belk Bowl? Do we need to call the Gretna Rescue Squad???
If you go to the WSET Facebook page, Ballcoach has made multiple comments about the game:
1. blaming the refs for Tech's loss
2. saying that Kentucky was the "nation's dirtiest team"
3. describing the Kentucky QB as "a complete __________"
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 31st, 2019, 8:31 pm
ATrain wrote: December 31st, 2019, 8:19 pm Has anyone heard from ballcoach since the Belk Bowl? Do we need to call the Gretna Rescue Squad???
If you go to the WSET Facebook page, Ballcoach has made multiple comments about the game:
All of which are true. I am thankful I did not go to the game. I came very close to making trip to Charlotte.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 31st, 2019, 10:58 pm I now know what ballcoach looks like.

This is weird.
Next time I’m in WS I can bring you some meds to help with the trauma and nightmares :D
Jonathan Carone liked this
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 9:42 am How many coaches over the years have left a good job, to return "home" ?
I know that even just a few years ago Dabo had a Bama clause on his buy out. He played as a walk on wearing the colors - Nothing is stronger than that . He has been open about it. But all other common sense arguments apply - remain the god in Clemson or follow a god u barely edged out for about the same $ but 3 times harder schedule.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 8:51 pm
All of which are true. I am thankful I did not go to the game. I came very close to making trip to Charlotte.
Did the refs make a bad call against Tech? Yes, they made one. That doesn't excuse Tech's multiple trips to the red zone only to have to kick a field goal, a total defensive lapse on Kentucky's final drive, etc...

Really, the only thing that I can agree with you on is #3
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 9:42 am How many coaches over the years have left a good job, to return "home" ?
There aren’t many situations like this one. I do have a good comparison. Bobby Bowden. He had the opportunity to return and turned it down. Dabo is more likely to do the same.
Purple Haize liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 31st, 2019, 10:58 pm I now know what ballcoach looks like.

This is weird.
I told you he was real. No one believed me. :oldhag
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 1st, 2020, 2:22 am

This is weird.
I told you he was real. No one believed me. :oldhag
I believed you!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 1st, 2020, 12:33 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 8:51 pm
Did the refs make a bad call against Tech? Yes, they made one. That doesn't excuse Tech's multiple trips to the red zone only to have to kick a field goal, a total defensive lapse on Kentucky's final drive, etc...

Really, the only thing that I can agree with you on is #3
You are correct. Those FGs should have been TDs. You need 7 when reaching red zone.

Final drive was terrible defense. especially on the TD pass.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Tech sucks. If any other team in the country had scheduled a game like VT did in 2018 (Marshall) just to get to bowl eligibility, you would be screaming bloody murder over how unfair and against the laws of college football it was.

Tech sucks. Cherry pick all the mediocre stats you want to. Vick and Beamer ain’t walking through that door.

Tech sucks. Best pregame in the country. Middle of the pack in an average ACC. Couldn’t even beat a one man team in UVA this year.

Tech sucks.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 10:05 pm Tech sucks. If any other team in the country had scheduled a game like VT did in 2018 (Marshall) just to get to bowl eligibility, you would be screaming bloody murder over how unfair and against the laws of college football it was.

Tech sucks. Cherry pick all the mediocre stats you want to. Vick and Beamer ain’t walking through that door.

Tech sucks. Best pregame in the country. Middle of the pack in an average ACC. Couldn’t even beat a one man team in UVA this year.

Tech sucks.
That’s the thing. If UVA is so awful and one dimensional what does it say about the teams that they beat?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 1st, 2020, 10:05 pm Tech sucks. If any other team in the country had scheduled a game like VT did in 2018 (Marshall) just to get to bowl eligibility, you would be screaming bloody murder over how unfair and against the laws of college football it was.

Tech sucks.
FSU did something similar a year or 2 before. why do you hate VT so much ?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 7:08 am

Tech sucks.
FSU did something similar a year or 2 before. why do you hate VT so much ?
He's a WVU fan, bless his heart
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]