If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 29th, 2019, 3:52 pm Person who told me is an honest man who was watching game. If I could, I would forward you the message.
Did you watch the game? What did your eyes tell you?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 29th, 2019, 1:44 pm Its crazy two people can see 2 totally different things looking at the same video because I dont see any kind of forcible contact with the crown of his helmet.

But obviously it's being interpreted both ways by a lot of people so it must not be as straight forward as I see it.

A discussion I saw elsewhere was about the punishment involved in these penalties. Since they are often very subjective, it is hard to justify being kicked out of the game. Especially for this kind of hit. Maybe treat it like an unsportsmanlike type penalty and you're out after 2? I don't know if that is perfect because there are some targetting penalties that clearly have intent behind them.
The gif in this tweet clearly shows - at least to me - Wade lowering his head and hitting him with his crown.

flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 29th, 2019, 4:14 pm I don't watch Ohio State.
So you didn’t watch the game. You just listen to rumor and here say. Sad
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: December 29th, 2019, 4:17 pm
thepostman wrote: December 29th, 2019, 1:44 pm Its crazy two people can see 2 totally different things looking at the same video because I dont see any kind of forcible contact with the crown of his helmet.

But obviously it's being interpreted both ways by a lot of people so it must not be as straight forward as I see it.

A discussion I saw elsewhere was about the punishment involved in these penalties. Since they are often very subjective, it is hard to justify being kicked out of the game. Especially for this kind of hit. Maybe treat it like an unsportsmanlike type penalty and you're out after 2? I don't know if that is perfect because there are some targetting penalties that clearly have intent behind them.
The gif in this tweet clearly shows - at least to me - Wade lowering his head and hitting him with his crown.

I don’t get it. There are 2 angles (this and the one from sky cam) that clearly show him lowering the head and making helmet to helmet contact. I’m not even sure why it’s a controversial call

Now the reception fumble TD is something that to me is more debate worthy
adam42381 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The other angle makes it clear that there actually wasn't helmet to helmet contact but with this angle I can see why it was upheld because if a valid argument can be made then a call isn't going to get overturned.

Ohio State did plenty of other things to lose that game so it didn't come down to this or any other call of that matter,
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 29th, 2019, 4:26 pm
adam42381 wrote: December 29th, 2019, 4:17 pm

I don’t get it. There are 2 angles (this and the one from sky cam) that clearly show him lowering the head and making helmet to helmet contact. I’m not even sure why it’s a controversial call

Now the reception fumble TD is something that to me is more debate worthy
I agree. I don’t think it was a catch, but I don’t know how there was enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 29th, 2019, 5:17 pm I think the controversy is the fact he was ejected. The rule needs some degrees in there. Not all targeting should result in an ejection.
Yeah, I probably wouldn't of thought twice about it if he didn't get ejected.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 29th, 2019, 7:02 pm You hate Ohio State and have shown zero ability to put personal biases aside so your opinion isn't exactly credible in this case.
Also didn’t watch the game. Also doesn’t watch OSU. So he probably is just taking his opinion from a guy he heard it from
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
For the record, Ballcoach, Ohio is in Athens, and Ohio STATE is in Columbus. :fineprint (And the school in Morgantown is WVU, not WV).
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Buckhole fans like to refer to their crooked school as the Ohio State University. I like to refer to them as just Ohio.

I am familiar with Ohio in Athens. We had a player from gretna go there back in 2006, I think it was.

We had 2 players go to Concord in Athens, WV in 2012. That's a nice DII school
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I predict Clemson will beat LSU. The Clemson DC will have had 15 days to design a game plan. He will not be able to stop LSU, but I think Clemson can slow them down enough, and score enough points to win. Clemson has "been here" before, and LSU hasn't. That should give them an advantage.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 10:54 am I predict Clemson will beat LSU.
Is that who you are pulling for? I am curious for another BAMA fan's perspective. I love Dabo. I like Clemson because of him.

1. Clemson appears to be the only school which can rival what BAMA has accomplished over the past decade. Winning a title this year does not cement that, but it makes it very close. For that reason, I don't want Clemson to win.

2. As I mentioned, I love me some Dabo. I would love for him to replace Saban when the time comes. At this point, however, I don't see Dabo making the move. Does his winning this year make it more or less likely that he makes the move?

3. BAMA was good this year, but not great. LSU was great. I like Ed Orgeron. I like to dislike him. I like his unlikely path to being the coach at LSU. We don't yet know if he will be able to sustain his success or not. Winning the title makes his job easier. For that reason, I want Clemson to win.

4. It may have been best for Alabama if Oklahoma had won (long term... in the short term, an LSU title would make BAMA's schedule more impressive).
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When Saban leaves Alabama, I think Dabo is the only man for the job. If he wins another title this season, that might increase his chances of going "home" to Tuscaloosa.

I have happy Oklahoma did not win. No one can convince me that the Okies even belonged in the playoffs. We'll never know, but had Hurts stayed at Alabama, the Crimson may have beaten Auburn and got into playoffs.

I liked LSU's coach, until his profanity after beating Alabama and Auburn. He should show more class than that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I was on the LSU bandwagon at like week 2 and am staying on it. I love me some Dabo. But I also love me some Coach O. I’d root for Clemson against any other team but I’m not sure they have the horses. They thought OSU brought the wood. LSU’s defense is frightening. I can see LSU wearing Clemson down.
Of course I wouldn’t be totally surprised If Clemson won either
Dabo to Bama? You guys are cute
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 3:29 pm When Saban leaves Alabama, I think Dabo is the only man for the job. If he wins another title this season, that might increase his chances of going "home" to Tuscaloosa.

I have happy Oklahoma did not win. No one can convince me that the Okies even belonged in the playoffs. We'll never know, but had Hurts stayed at Alabama, the Crimson may have beaten Auburn and got into playoffs.

I liked LSU's coach, until his profanity after beating Alabama and Auburn. He should show more class than that.
The coach should show more class, but I am a big fan of LSU's QB
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 30th, 2019, 4:31 pm Dabo to Bama? You guys are cute
Please don’t lump me in with Ballcoach :lol:

As I mentioned above, it is highly unlikely that he will ever coach at BAMA. “Mama calling” only goes so far. Dabo has an ideal situation at Clemson. He has shown he can recruit there. He has shown he can win. Clemson has shown they will pony up.

Ballcoach is Wrong. Winning this year makes it less likely that he moves back to BAMA. A loss this year and several years of struggle? That would be a different story. FWIW- If It were to ever happen, I think it more likely that another coach comes between Saban and Dabo.
Election 2022 and 2024

Oh. You were serious. I see a lot of chatter fro[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Venzant is transferring to Abilene Christian, a co[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]