If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 1:20 am Oregon beats Utah 37-15. Utah was over ranked. No PAC 12 team in playoffs this year, which is great.
This is an example of how these games can work against a conference, and the AAC championship later today is an even better one. As things stand now, Memphis would be a shoo-in for the Cotton Bowl. If Cincinnati wins this game, it's a huge mess, with Boise likely to get the bid unless Hawaii beats them tonight, and even then, deciding between Memphis and Cinci will be sure to create controversy. I don't know how much $$ this game is generating for the AAC, but I wonder if it's worth it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, isn't their some Memphis-Cincy conference championship game that LU fans should be more concerned about?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:33 am
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 1:20 am Oregon beats Utah 37-15. Utah was over ranked. No PAC 12 team in playoffs this year, which is great.
This is an example of how these games can work against a conference, and the AAC championship later today is an even better one. As things stand now, Memphis would be a shoo-in for the Cotton Bowl. If Cincinnati wins this game, it's a huge mess, with Boise likely to get the bid unless Hawaii beats them tonight, and even then, deciding between Memphis and Cinci will be sure to create controversy. I don't know how much $$ this game is generating for the AAC, but I wonder if it's worth it.
Conference championship games should have never been created. In the beginning it was nothing but a money grab. I recall the ACC putting theirs in Florida, thinking FSU and Miami would play in it every year.
Most conference championship games have1 team that should not be there. See today's ACC game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:33 am Ballcoach, isn't their some Memphis-Cincy conference championship game that LU fans should be more concerned about?

Yes, but we need to pay attention to all of them. (vision of the future)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:50 am
oldflame wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:33 am
Conference championship games should have never been created. In the beginning it was nothing but a money grab. I recall the ACC putting theirs in Florida, thinking FSU and Miami would play in it every year.
Most conference championship games have1 team that should not be there. See today's ACC game.
If the same Clemson team that showed up for the Tarheel game .... it might get interesting tonight.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler, that is true, but I don't see it happening. Virginia appears just "happy to be there, they haven't played anyone this season nearly as good as Clemson. I expect the Clemson defense to key on Perkins, and turn him into a turnover machine. Boo hoos are already looking forward to the Orange Bowl. I expect Perkins to be on bench in 2nd half, saving him for Orange Bowl.
Clemson may be playing for #1 seed in playoffs, depending outcome of other games. I will be shocked if Clemson doesn't win by at least 40 points.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 9:55 am I will be shocked if Clemson doesn't win by at least 40 points.
Ballcoach has JOKES. :rofl
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 7th, 2019, 10:14 am I think the AAC champion is in the Cotton Bowl regardless of who wins today.
That may be, but I'm not so sure if it's Cincy. There is no tie-in. The bid goes to the highest ranked non-P5. Boise is currently one spot ahead of Cincy, and it's hard to know if a win over Memphis which would put them at 11-2, would move them ahead of a 12-1 Boise. Wins by Memphis and/or Hawaii would certainly make things less messy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 9:55 am TH Spangler, that is true, but I don't see it happening. Virginia appears just "happy to be there, they haven't played anyone this season nearly as good as Clemson. I expect the Clemson defense to key on Perkins, and turn him into a turnover machine. Boo hoos are already looking forward to the Orange Bowl. I expect Perkins to be on bench in 2nd half, saving him for Orange Bowl.
Clemson may be playing for #1 seed in playoffs, depending outcome of other games. I will be shocked if Clemson doesn't win by at least 40 points.
Guess your sources saying UVA was going to rest Perkins were wrong. You really need better “Sources”
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 11:46 am I predict he will not play 2nd half.
Because UVa will be so far ahead, they won't need him! :fbplayer Study
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
App State was crushing Louisiana 28-7, but the Ragin Cajuns just scored to make it 28-14. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 7th, 2019, 2:06 pm App State was crushing Louisiana 28-7, but the Ragin Cajuns just scored to make it 28-14. :shock:
This is a great football day. Probably better than New Year’s Day. We have
#6 Oklahoma v #7 Baylor
#20 Cincinnati v #17 Memphis
#1 The Ohio State University v #8 Wisconsin
#2 LSU v #4 Georgia
#3 Clemson v #23 UVA

I dare say we won’t have nearly as entertaining a day of football on New Years Day
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 2:18 pm Why'd you have to put "The" before Ohio State smh :lol:
Because if I didn’t someone jack wagon would say “It’s THE Ohio St University “. They are almost as annoying as Bama fans :D
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My brother, who is currently living in Ohio, had a pretty amazing 'Ohio State and their fans are the worst' rant when we visited Florida for Thanksgiving. I had never been so proud to call him my brother.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, why did you list the UVa game LAST? You're getting more like Ballcoach every day! :oldhag
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
App State beats Louisiana, 45-38.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]