If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lots of surprises today. Minnesota beat Penn State. WKY best Arkansas. UVA barely beat GT. LSU leading Alabama 10-0 early.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 5:06 pm Lots of surprises today. Minnesota beat Penn State. WKY best Arkansas. UVA barely beat GT. LSU leading Alabama 10-0 early.
Actually, I don't find any of those results particularly surprising. Minnesota is undefeated, and was playing at home. Arkansas is awful, and while GT is bad, UVA is inconsistent, and they did WIN after all.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 9th, 2019, 5:19 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 9th, 2019, 5:06 pm Lots of surprises today. Minnesota beat Penn State. WKY best Arkansas. UVA barely beat GT. LSU leading Alabama 10-0 early.
Actually, I don't find any of those results particularly surprising. LSU is #1 in the FBS rankings. Minnesota is undefeated, and was playing at home. Arkansas is awful, and while GT is bad, UVA is inconsistent, and they did WIN after all.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: November 9th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Actually, I don't find any of those results particularly surprising. Minnesota is undefeated, and was playing at home. Arkansas is awful, and while GT is bad, UVA is inconsistent, and they did WIN after all.
An underrated MN team v an overrated PSU team. I would have put my money on MN
I’ve been on the LSU band wagon all year. They are very well balanced but this game is yuuge
GT can cause anyone fits. Getting out of that game with a win is a plus.
This VT team is abysmal.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
VT looked good today. I would love to see VT and Liberty play each other in a bowl game.

I'd buy a ticket for that,
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LSU beats Alabama 46-41. Joe Burrow probably clinched Heisman trophy today.

I still say Bama can get in playoffs, but too many people want Ohio State and a PAC 12 team in. When Ohio and any PAC 10 team plays somebody, call me.

LSU, Clemson, Alabama and 1 other team in playoffs.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The committee this year has 3 new members. Oregon AD is committe chairman I believe.
I listened to an interview with Bill Hancock Thursday or Friday. He seemed high on Ohio State and PAC 12. But then again, no one can "pile it as high as Hancock".
Last edited by ballcoach15 on November 10th, 2019, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 9th, 2019, 10:58 pm The SEC bias has always been strong in the committee so I am not really sure which people you are talking about but sure.
With 3 and 4 losing you gotta think 5 and 6 slide in. Or Bama slips to 4. That gives you Ohio St LSU Clemson Georgia/Bama. I don’t see any PAC 12 or any Big 12 team getting in. Both conferences are way down. Minnesota is my personal Dark Horse team but they got a long way to go.
I still think LSU beats the tar out of Ohio St.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
LSU certainty looks like the hands down best team in the nation. I'd love to see Minnesota sneak in. It would be nice to have some new blood break into the fray for a change but the chances of that happening are pretty slim.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Worse would be if MN breaks in then lays an egg.

BC, call me when Clemson plays somebody. ACC doing them no favors.

Best 4 teams in the country, to me: LSU, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The ACC is really down this season, but no fault of Clemson. With VT, FSU and Miami not ranked, Clemson has to carry ACC flag alone. Clemson should humiliate whoever they play in ACC championship game. If VT can somehow sneak into title game, it will have a little better billing. More so than if someone else wins division to face Clemson.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'd argue that Clemson is down this year as well. They are obviously the class of the ACC but at this point the AAC may be the better conference. Ok maybe not.
By chris leedlelee
thepostman wrote: November 10th, 2019, 11:22 pm I'd argue that Clemson is down this year as well. They are obviously the class of the ACC but at this point the AAC may be the better conference. Ok maybe not.
Take away Clemson, and the AAC is better than the ACC by a massive margin. It's not even close.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]