If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is anyone else really excited aboout this series? I'm so glad that the Yankees LOST.

My only problem is that I fell asleep after the 8th inning last night and missed the 2 dingers in the top and bottom of the 9th inning. Does anyone know if that game is streamed and archived anywhere? I'd love to see the 9th inning that I missed.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I even liked the Astros when these were their uniforms. :shock:

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I considered choosing the Nationals, but @CCWMichael eloquently explained that the Astros’ rotation is far superior to every other team’s rotation. Maybe ever.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: October 20th, 2019, 4:17 pm I considered choosing the Nationals, but @CCWMichael eloquently explained that the Astros’ rotation is far superior to every other team’s rotation. Maybe ever.
But the Nats are hot. Look at their last 25 games.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Astros have a good starting rotation, but I think Nationals is just as good.

I am glad the Yankees are not in this World Series, because the media would be drooling and slobbering all over them. Media would ignore the Nationals, even if they won it all in 4 games.
By CCWMichael
Ahhhh Cider, JR was and still is one of my favorites. MLB network has been replaying the game.
Adam42381, both staffs are solid good but overall I'll stick with the Astros.
Both teams have a stellar 1,2,3 punch.
This could be the Twins -- Braves all over again.
Also, MLB network has a ton of great info about team comparisons.
There are a ton of great match ups. I just feel comfortable with Houston this year. The Astros are deeper in the batting order and I think experience will allow the Astros to jump out early and hold on.

I am looking forward to possibly a historical battle. I would rather have an Astros full sweep but the numbers say it will be close.

I feel for the Nationals when the show up to spring training at the home of the World Champions at it is not them :twisted:
By CCWMichael
Game 1
Cole 20-5 (has not lost since May) 2.50 ERA
Scherzer 11-7 2.92 ERA

Game 2
Verlander 21-6 2.58 ERA
Strasburg 18-6 3.32 ERA

Game 3
Greinke 18-5 2.93 ERA
Undecided

The Astros get to the Nationals pen (a glaring weakness) The Stros will roll.
OBTW Adam, our number three in ERA is as good as the Nationals #1
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The Nats are the team that has got hot at the right time and are arguably the best team right now. Overall, through the course of the season, Houston has been the better team and should win the series but you can't ignore the team that gets hot at the right time.

I says Houston in 6 which is probably the kiss of death for your Astros fans haha.
By CCWMichael
postman, b aseball i9s a finiky game. the 2017 WS for the Astros I can point to many small thing where we would not hve been WS champs. The Altuve homer then not homer last had a large impact.
Washington is hot and like a hot goalie in hockey hot pitching in baseball can be a clincher. It is going to be fun to watch.
Miley was the outlier fro the Nationals taking overall ERA better than Houston. his ERS was Cole and Verlander like and better thn Greinke, then he broke. His last eight games was a 9 something ERA. The Nats bullpen was solid in the plyoffs which was alarge deviation from the regular season. My thought (dream) is the Houston lineup will bring that weakness back to light.

I was thinking six as well. I really do hope it is competitive but I will not cry about atros domination either.
thepostman wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 8:44 am I would imagine Harper is doing just fine with all of his cash.
He sent out a really nice Tweet. Seems like a decent guy.
adam42381 wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:37 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:23 pm
thepostman wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 8:44 am I would imagine Harper is doing just fine with all of his cash.
Link? It’s not showing up for me.
Are you happy now peasant? Now bow to your Potentate
:flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 4021205002
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:42 pm
adam42381 wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:37 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 1:23 pm

Link? It’s not showing up for me.
Are you happy now peasant? Now bow to your Potentate
:flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 4021205002
Oh, I was looking on Twitter. For a Tweet. Because you said he sent out a nice Tweet.
By CCWMichael
What an exciting game 1.
Houston did what they had to and got to the bullpen ... Springer assuming a home run altered that game for the bad for Houston.
I am pumped for game two if it gives the same tension.
Yes, Cole was a bit off and Sherzer was pushed. That is what good hitting teams do. Houston is well known for dragging pitch counts high to get to the bullpen. This is a series where both the offenses can challenge great pitching. I LOVE IT!

As an Astros fan we lost game 1 in 2017 to the Dodgers and game 1 of the ALCS to the Yankees so not worried. Now, if we lose game 2??????
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 3:34 pm What an exciting game 1.
Houston did what they had to and got to the bullpen ... Springer assuming a home run altered that game for the bad for Houston.
I am pumped for game two if it gives the same tension.
Yes, Cole was a bit off and Sherzer was pushed. That is what good hitting teams do. Houston is well known for dragging pitch counts high to get to the bullpen. This is a series where both the offenses can challenge great pitching. I LOVE IT!

As an Astros fan we lost game 1 in 2017 to the Dodgers and game 1 of the ALCS to the Yankees so not worried. Now, if we lose game 2??????
12-3. Are you worried yet?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
This is why as a sports fan I never get too confident, stuff like this could easily happen. Obviously Houston is good enough to come back and make a series of it but it is going to be awfully tough with the next 3 games in DC.

I'm still waiting on people to chip in to my World Series fund :)
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]