If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Not gonna lie, we are getting them at the right time next year! I don't think it is a stretch to believe that we can go into blacksburg and knock off the Hokies!

On offense we lose AGG, Buckshot and Duff and on D we lose: Bejour, Jessie, Tillmon, Elijah Benton & Ajayi. Our depth of talent will be significantly better next year with Freeze's first true recruiting class and you can slide in Tim Kidd-Glass into Elijah's role and nothing will change.
it was bound to happen after Beamer left after the 2011 season, but if you look back the hokies started their slide in 2012 with the top season being fuente's first in 2016. recruiting has dropped, the players are not responding to the coaches, its quickly becoming bad in turkey leg land.
2012-7-6
2013-8-5
2014- 7-6
2015-7-6
2016- 10-4
2017- 9-4
2018- 6-7
LU 57 wrote: October 1st, 2019, 9:10 pm I heard they are keeping Fuente, but expect a pretty thorough housecleaning of staff.
Are you listening to Ballcoach's sources? :oldhag
Cider Jim wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 2:00 am
LU 57 wrote: October 1st, 2019, 9:10 pm I heard they are keeping Fuente, but expect a pretty thorough housecleaning of staff.
Are you listening to Ballcoach's sources? :oldhag
:lol: Not to my knowledge. I just heard that is essentially what Babcock told a group of boosters last weekend. My guess is the big buyout has something to do with it.

On re-examination, this was definitely a "ballcoach-esque" post. :lol:
Fuente was a hot hire. he had two good seasons at Memphis and was 26-23 overall there. Same thing so far at VT. Two good years, last year's losing record and buying into a bowl game and though at 2-2 now, they are not very good. Looks very Willie Taggart-esque. IF they lose to UVA this year, there could be rioting in Turkeyland.
bigsmooth wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 8:11 am IF they lose to UVA this year, there could be rioting in Turkeyland.
Please God make it happen. :pray

I'm shocked that Ballcoach hasn't commented on this thread. Isn't he the biggest Tech supporter on this board? Maybe he still thinks that Fuente will right this ship and lead them to the promised land of many more bowl games.
Purple Haize wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 2:44 pm UVA will beat Tech handily this year. It’s gonna be ugly
I don't see that happening. Bud Foster will have a defense designed to hit Perkins on every snap. Hit him a couple times and he is a turnover waiting to happen. VT will be motivated to continue the streak.
ballcoach15 wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 5:13 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 2:44 pm UVA will beat Tech handily this year. It’s gonna be ugly
I don't see that happening. Bud Foster will have a defense designed to hit Perkins on every snap. Hit him a couple times and he is a turnover waiting to happen. VT will be motivated to continue the streak.
The only thing Bud Foster is goi g to be hitting is the bottle. He’s not the Bud Foster of old and his defense isn’t the Tech defense of old. UVA will be very motivated to END the streak
Although the current state of Tech football is distressing, part of me feels like we'd have a better shot of beating UT this year than VT next year...
Purple Haize wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 6:00 pm
The only thing Bud Foster is goi g to be hitting is the bottle.
Purple has JOKES, and they are really funny! :lol:
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]