If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
How did UNC almost beat Clemson ? Clemson was favored by 27, and should have beat Tar Heels by 40 or more.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 28th, 2019, 11:28 pm How did UNC almost beat Clemson ? Clemson was favored by 27, and should have beat Tar Heels by 40 or more.
That attitude is EXACTLY how they did it.

I'm sure he is getting his share of criticism for it, but I admire Mack's decision to go for 2. It was their best chance by far to win the game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 29th, 2019, 10:26 am I haven’t seen anyone criticize Mack for going for it. The criticism has been the play he called when going for it.
I thought it was an odd decision. You are at home. You can tie the game and go into OT. ALL the pressure then goes onto Clemson whereas a 2pt conversation keeps the pressure on you. Had this been AT Clemson, then absolutely but at home.....
By Jonathan Carone
He said he felt they had a better chance to convert the conversion than beat them in OT so he went for the win there. I’m for it given the situation. Also gives that freshman QB confidence that Mack believes in him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dudes a successful D1 FBS coach. I’m not. Would I have done it? No. But I won’t bash him for it. He knows his team and locker room (theoretically) so he made the call
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You can certainly question the play call, but IMHO he was absolutely right to go for it. Clemson is a superior football team, and for whatever reason, they underperformed. If you have a chance to roll the dice on 1 play and pull that upset, I think you have to do it. Go to OT, and more than likely Clemson puts their foot on the gas and dominates. They make those 3 yards and it's a historic win. Kicking the point and losing in OT would be a nothing burger.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: September 29th, 2019, 2:07 pm You can certainly question the play call, but IMHO he was absolutely right to go for it. Clemson is a superior football team, and for whatever reason, they underperformed. If you have a chance to roll the dice on 1 play and pull that upset, I think you have to do it. Go to OT, and more than likely Clemson puts their foot on the gas and dominates. They make those 3 yards and it's a historic win. Kicking the point and losing in OT would be a nothing burger.
They’d been sputtering all day. I’d roll the dice and see if they would stall out when the pressure was jacked up and in a hostile environment. I mean I get why you would and won’t criticize the decision
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
To be perfectly clear, I would root for the Taliban if they played the Tarhole's. Mack Brown is not my favorite coach either. However, I believe he made the exact/correct decision. If they score, they likely win the game. If they go to OT, Clemson is a much deeper team, fresher and likely to win in OT.
Having to go 3 yards to win, is easier than likely having to go 25 to win/tie in OT. INHO. I think that going for 2 should almost never be executed. However, I do wish that it was used more at the end of games when down by 1 with less than a minute remaining. 8) 8)
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]