If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 25th, 2019, 5:13 pm I have never cared much for him, or his scraggy beard.
Why? Because he led Stanford in a rout of VT several years ago in the Orange Bowl?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't get a lot of the criticism I have seen about this decision. He doesn't have the love for the game he once did and it is causing more stress than he feels he wants in his life. It isn't the first time a football player has made this kind of decision and it won't be the last.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:03 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: August 25th, 2019, 5:13 pm I have never cared much for him, or his scraggy beard.
Why? Because he led Stanford in a rout of VT several years ago in the Orange Bowl?
I never liked him because of that scraggy beard, plus his decision to play for Stanford.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:09 pm
ATrain wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:03 pm
I never liked him because of that scraggy beard, plus his decision to play for Stanford.
Liberty fans are not in a very good position to rag on QBs with less-than-epic beards.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:05 pm I don't get a lot of the criticism I have seen about this decision. He doesn't have the love for the game he once did and it is causing more stress than he feels he wants in his life. It isn't the first time a football player has made this kind of decision and it won't be the last.
I’m old enough to remember Barry Sanders
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He is exactly who I was thinking of when I said it isn't the first football player to do this kind of thing.

I seem to remember that was even more unexpected than this. Some idiot commentator try to link this to the mellenial generation. Sounded like ballcoach talking points.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote: August 26th, 2019, 7:45 pm He is exactly who I was thinking of when I said it isn't the first football player to do this kind of thing.

I seem to remember that was even more unexpected than this. Some idiot commentator try to link this to the mellenial generation. Sounded like ballcoach talking points.
https://twitter.com/troyaikman/

Troy wasn't happy with what Gottlieb said and used some found language. Trying not to hotlonk to display the language in the board, but it's pretty easy to find the tweet if you aren't offended by such things.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It has been too long since I posted one of these:

I was out covering the season opener of HS football here in Houston and randomly was at a Stratford game where a freshman QB was making his debut. I was only there briefly but he ran in a couple of TDs. A few days later the rumors began to swirl that the MLS Quakes were possibly being moved from San Jose to Houston. I set up an interview with Oliver who was at the time the president of the Houston sports foundation. After getting a whole lot of "Golly, it would be great" comments we wrapped up the interview. I then mentioned to him that I had seen his son play for Stratford and that he looked pretty good. With a straight face, he told me that he hoped he was good enough to get a scholarship somewhere because of the rising costs of colleges were brutal. As it turned out the costs didn't prove to be a concern.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He was rivals with Roger Clemens' boys at Memorial. Now I see those guys at Rocket's lakehouse sown the street from me. I have no idea how much time Andrew spends back home.

Where is Scar to see that my name-dropping skills are still intact?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 27th, 2019, 11:57 am He was rivals with Roger Clemens' boys at Memorial. Now I see those guys at Rocket's lakehouse sown the street from me. I have no idea how much time Andrew spends back home.

Where is Scar to see that my name-dropping skills are still intact?
Wait, you hang out at Roger Clemens’ lake house? He was my childhood hero until he broke my heart. I will say that his occasional time in the booth on NESN during Sox games is doing some rehab on his image in Soxland.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
To be clear, I don't hang out at Rocket's lakehosue. It is a few blocks down the hill from me on my street. I see him and his kids there frequently. I have been to his house in Piney Point back when I was still covering sports for local stations.

Like Pete, it is ridiculous that he is not in Cooperstown.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]