If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Ewglenn

Apparently they are looking into moving up. Would add another team for Liberty to schedule. The ASUN would be a likely landing spot for other sports.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Look for teams to start making the jump to have a chair when the music stops and shakes up everything
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
NC A&T would be a good addition to ASUN, if it were to happen. The Aggies are one of the better FCS schools.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Florida A&M is laughing down in Tallahassee. Been there, done that and has the scars to prove it.
By chris leedlelee
I get the desire to move to FBS, but I also don't get it. You think NC A&T has the budget and fanbase to build up an FBS program?
Liberty is a special case because of the budget and decently sized fanbase, but I can't wrap my head around this consideration.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: August 18th, 2019, 6:40 pm I get the desire to move to FBS, but I also don't get it. You think NC A&T has the budget and fanbase to build up an FBS program?
I wonder the same thing about Coastal Carolina.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 18th, 2019, 6:42 pm
chris leedlelee wrote: August 18th, 2019, 6:40 pm I get the desire to move to FBS, but I also don't get it. You think NC A&T has the budget and fanbase to build up an FBS program?
ding, ding, ding.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been to several A&T football games. They seem to have good fan base and Alumni base.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 18th, 2019, 9:01 pm I have been to several A&T football games.
WHY??? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: August 18th, 2019, 8:32 pm
ding, ding, ding.
No argument here. The Aggies actually are in a better position than CCU was in a couple of areas. Their stadium holds 21,500 and has had a couple of fairly recent renovations, so they would not need to expand to meet NCAA requirements. Some other facilities may need to be upgraded. Energized fan base and being located in a population center where they can grow it are pluses. Whether the school can handle the expense of an FBS budget on a year in and year out basis would seem to be the biggest question. Also, their current run of success was engineered by Rod Broadway, who retired after an undefeated 2017 season. Whether the new coach can continue it long term is still open.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 18th, 2019, 10:47 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: August 18th, 2019, 9:01 pm I have been to several A&T football games.
WHY??? :dontgetit
Several reasons. I took some Gretna players there on unofficial visit. A former Gretna player played at Elon, who played A&T each season. I had a lady friend who went to A&T.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Coastal Carolina is actually "funded" by some billionaire, who I believe was coach at one time.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
First off, don't go dissing the game exprience for powerhouse HBCUs. I absolutely LOVE their halftime shows. I haven't been to A&T but hear they are outstanding on gameday. I did cover Coach Broadway earlier in his career and he is going to be tough for them to replace.

I think what you see hear is that the school recognizes the unique position in which they find themselves. They are not happy with the current state of being in the MEAC with their big rivals bolting to the Big South and everyone else seemingly more interested in classics than the playoffs. And having observed the NCAA give us a waiver llegedly for discriminitory reasons they likely see something similar being handed to them. With UConn joing the growing ranks of FBS indies the scheduling issues wouldn't be as brutal as they were just a year or two ago.

While they may not be as financially sound as Coastal considering all of the talk about state funding in NC, at least in football they should be able to outdraw the Chants in short order.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 8:13 am
Coastal Carolina is actually "funded" by some billionaire, who I believe was coach at one time.
Actually, no. Moglia still works for the school as "Chairman of Athletics" answering directly to the president. He is still Jamie Chadwell's boss. As such, he will not be funding anything at least til the end of his contract in June 2021. I expect he will become a significant donor after that, but probably not to the extent some people think. He really does not have a long history with or strong ties to the school.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 19th, 2019, 9:33 am First off, don't go dissing the game exprience for powerhouse HBCUs. I absolutely LOVE their halftime shows. I haven't been to A&T but hear they are outstanding on gameday. I did cover Coach Broadway earlier in his career and he is going to be tough for them to replace.

I think what you see hear is that the school recognizes the unique position in which they find themselves. They are not happy with the current state of being in the MEAC with their big rivals bolting to the Big South and everyone else seemingly more interested in classics than the playoffs. And having observed the NCAA give us a waiver llegedly for discriminitory reasons they likely see something similar being handed to them. With UConn joing the growing ranks of FBS indies the scheduling issues wouldn't be as brutal as they were just a year or two ago.

While they may not be as financially sound as Coastal considering all of the talk about state funding in NC, at least in football they should be able to outdraw the Chants in short order.
HBCUs have the best halftime shows in college football. The halftime shows alone are worth price of admission.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:20 am HBCUs have the best halftime shows in college football. The halftime shows alone are worth price of admission.
Ballcoach, stop insulting the HBCU's. The halftime shows are indeed excellent. We all know that you don't pay for tickets. :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I call football operations and get on Pass List. Heck, I called Penn State once and got on Pass List. It's good to have connections.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 4:55 pm I call football operations and get on Pass List. Heck, I called Penn State once and got on Pass List. It's good to have connections.
Really Ballcoach, we are just jealous. 8)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]