If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 7:52 am
thepostman wrote: February 19th, 2020, 4:20 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: February 19th, 2020, 3:29 pm And lo and behold, Georgia did not have a QB, and the WF QB comes calling, under the disguise of getting a Master's Degree. I will check and see if Wake Forest has a Master's Program ?

And I have some prime beachfront property near Cider's hometown in West Virginia for sale.
But if LU or Bama get a transfer that fills a need it is ok, right? I just want to make sure I am tracking your logic.
Yes
I'm shocked that you admitted it, but I give you credit for verifying what we already knew. In ballcoach world, right and wrong are determined entirely by whether or not something benefits the teams you support or the teams you hate.
Purple Haize liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for answering. I have a follow up question @ballcoach15 .

Why is it ok for schools you support to accept transfers that fill a need but not other schools?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Some schools build their programs around "recruiting transfers", rather than going and recruiting the QB out of high school. LU and Alabama do not depend on transfer portal to build their team.

My memory is not good, but last season, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Virginia won some ball games. If these 3 teams had not had a transfer QB, where would they have been ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 9:46 am Some schools build their programs around "recruiting transfers", rather than going and recruiting the QB out of high school. LU and Alabama do not depend on transfer portal to build their team.

My memory is not good, but last season, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Virginia won some ball games. If these 3 teams had not had a transfer QB, where would they have been ?
LU will have a transfer QB starting for them next year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 9:46 am Some schools build their programs around "recruiting transfers", rather than going and recruiting the QB out of high school. LU and Alabama do not depend on transfer portal to build their team.

Fact. Your memory is not good. Bryce Perkins came to UVA as a JUNIOR COLLEGE transfer. The fact that he was at AZ State for a year and sat out with an injury before going to JUCO is totally irrelivant. Georgia has recruited some of the best HS QBs in the country over the past several years, and have lost more to transfer than they have picked up. Ohio State has a transfer QB right now, but they in fact don't have a history of doing it, and they also lost Joe Burrow to transfer. Oklahoma signed Spencer Rattler, the #1 HS QB in the nation, last year, and he will almost certainly be their starter this year.

You are continuously implying that certain schools (those you don't like) "recruit" transfers, with the implication being that this is something nefarious. If a school were to go after a player in another program prior to their entering the transfer portal, that would in fact be both unethical and a clear violation. There is absolutely ZERO evidence that this is happening. The risk vs reward is simply too great. Once a player has decided to enter the portal, their "recruiting" status is no different than a HS player.

Likely starters for Liberty next year:

Johnny Hunton TE
Josh Mack RB
Bryce Matthews OL
Malik Willis QB

Guess what they all have in common?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The FBI basketball investigation proved what I had been saying for years. schools and shoe companies are buying players. Been happening for years, yet NCAA turned and looked the other way. I wasn't surprised at the schools that got caught. And since NCAA hasn't punished those schools, other than a slap on the wrist, in the future rogue schools will take bigger gambles on unethical and illegal activity.

I saw yesterday that University of Pittsburgh got caught cheating in both basketball and football. I bet they will not get a post season ban in either sport.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 11:17 am The FBI basketball investigation proved what I had been saying for years. schools and shoe companies are buying players. Been happening for years, yet NCAA turned and looked the other way. I wasn't surprised at the schools that got caught. And since NCAA hasn't punished those schools, other than a slap on the wrist, in the future rogue schools will take bigger gambles on unethical and illegal activity.

I saw yesterday that University of Pittsburgh got caught cheating in both basketball and football. I bet they will not get a post season ban in either sport.
The FBI investigation has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with transfers. It also has nothing to do with football. It's about some corrupt college and AAU basketball coaches and shoe company $$.
I'd be interested in seeing your list of "rogue" schools. I know Louisville is on it.
Yes, there are coaches that are violators. That does not mean the schools they work for are complicit.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 11:17 am The FBI basketball investigation proved what I had been saying for years. schools and shoe companies are buying players. Been happening for years, yet NCAA turned and looked the other way. I wasn't surprised at the schools that got caught. And since NCAA hasn't punished those schools, other than a slap on the wrist, in the future rogue schools will take bigger gambles on unethical and illegal activity.

This shows how little you know about NCAA corruption. Yes, there are "blue blood" programs that have gotten away with things. Pittsburgh does not fall into that category. Not even close. If they have done something deserving of a post season ban, they will almost certainly get one. Whether whatever it is they have done is that serious remains to be seen.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Here's what Pittsburgh's coaches did.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 820851002/

The gist of it is that they had some non-coaching staff members (like the basketball player ops guy or football QA people) who were acting in a coaching capacity in practices.

HORRIBLE!!
DEATH PENALTY!!!

Is it a violation? Yes. Talking about it like it is on a level with buying players is just stupid.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Since ballcoach dodged the question here it is again

Likely starters for Liberty next year:

Johnny Hunton TE
Josh Mack RB
Bryce Matthews OL
Malik Willis QB

Guess what they all have in common?
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote: February 21st, 2020, 12:04 pm Here's what Pittsburgh's coaches did.

The gist of it is that they had some non-coaching staff members (like the basketball player ops guy or football QA people) who were acting in a coaching capacity in practices.

HORRIBLE!!
DEATH PENALTY!!!

Is it a violation? Yes. Talking about it like it is on a level with buying players is just stupid.
They have a right to be ticked if that gets enforced seriously there. Literally everyone does this.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: February 21st, 2020, 11:17 pm
oldflame wrote: February 21st, 2020, 12:04 pm Here's what Pittsburgh's coaches did.

HORRIBLE!!
DEATH PENALTY!!!

They have a right to be ticked if that gets enforced seriously there. Literally everyone does this.
The school got 3 years probation and a fine (no post season ban). The basketball coach, who was fired after going 0-18 in the ACC that year (seems the extra coaching didn't help :roll: ), took the biggest hit (3 year show cause order and a suspension for part of his first season on his next job), and he deserved it IMHO.

"Stallings employed an alert system designed to avoid detection of non-coaching staff on the court and directed the destruction of practice video in an apparent attempt to avoid the violations being discovered. The coach continued the system even after being warned by athletic department personnel. "

I'm sure other schools do this from time to time, but not to this level. For example, non-coaching staff may fill in in practice when an assistant is away recruiting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]