If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Big 10 and Big 12 are hindering baseball and softball. The scholarship limit for both sports should be increased to at least 18. Basketball only uses 5 players on court, yet they can give 12 or 13 scholarships. Baseball and softball fields 10 players (9 if DH isn't used), yet they only have 11.7 scholarships to give.
As for coaches, only 3 paid coaches is beyond dumb. each team should have at least 4 full time coaches, maybe 5.

NCAA would be a better in all facets, if it wasn't for Big 10.
ballcoach15 wrote: July 16th, 2019, 12:49 pm The Big 10 and Big 12 are hindering baseball and softball. The scholarship limit for both sports should be increased to at least 18. Basketball only uses 5 players on court, yet they can give 12 or 13 scholarships. Baseball and softball fields 10 players (9 if DH isn't used), yet they only have 11.7 scholarships to give.
As for coaches, only 3 paid coaches is beyond dumb. each team should have at least 4 full time coaches, maybe 5.

NCAA would be a better in all facets, if it wasn't for Big 10.
It's great that you love softball and some baseball, but you already know that basketball bring in more money than the other sports mention. You should not depict a statement based on your personal interest when you know that revenue is more important. That's just the reality of sports these days.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What you say is true, but NCAA should not stunt the growth of softball and baseball. I sometimes get the feeling that NCAA only has softball and baseball to help meet requirements of Title IX.

I rather watch one softball game than watch all 30 basketball games.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, with all due respect, didn't you tell us that you don't have cable and didn't watch any of the College World Series?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw another article yesterday on the same subject, where the Ole Miss or Miss State AD (can't recall which), spoke out about college baseball. he said college baseball players basically have to "pay to play".
Ball coach, I mean this in the kindest way. Linking the articles would do wonders for your credibility on here. And this is probably a generational thing so I'll explain.

A great deal of us are millennials that grew up in the internet age, instructed not to trust what we read on the internet, adapting to schools requiring credible sourcing online, and learning to view everything critically in a world of fake news.

In short, we are predisposed to use Hitchens Razor.
Hitchen's Razor wrote:What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: July 17th, 2019, 9:44 pm Ball coach, I mean this in the kindest way. Linking the articles would do wonders for your credibility on here. And this is probably a generational thing so I'll explain.

A great deal of us are millennials that grew up in the internet age, instructed not to trust what we read on the internet, adapting to schools requiring credible sourcing online, and learning to view everything critically in a world of fake news.

In short, we are predisposed to use Hitchens Razor.
Hitchen's Razor wrote:What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
Did you switch brands? I personally enjoy Occam’s Razor. Much smoother shave without the irritation
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 18th, 2019, 5:42 pm"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet" - Ian McCaw, 2019.
I thought Lincoln said that! :wink:
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: July 18th, 2019, 11:32 am
ballcoach15 wrote: July 18th, 2019, 8:27 am I have no earthly idea how to put a link on here. There is a lot of fake news, but when an Athletic Director gives an interview, and is quoted, it isn't fake news.
Thank you for doing this. Now he has zero excuse for not supporting his claims on here. Hopefully the mods will require this at some point.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I don't know if it's changed since I went but th[…]

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]

Some statistics

Our team ERA currently sits at #78 nationally. Our[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’[…]