If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if the Big East WBB head coaches get to renegotiate their contracts now, as in, incentives for a second-place finish as opposed to first now that UConn is back.
By tyndal23
UConn, Umass, NMSU, - these 3 teams should be lowest end of any future schedule. Hopefully they are never considered “rivalries” past 2022 but rather opportunistic scheduling in tough weeks and considered wins - but realize they will be drags on our SOS - we should eliminate any FCS teams from our schedule period and make ODU our local in state FCS replacement. Army, BYU then 4 ACC 50/50 games ( i.e. not Clemson ) and 1 lower end big 12 or PAC and 1 SEC ( Vanderbilt ) or Big ( Indiana, NWPurdue,MN,Rutgers, Pitt ) this is all it takes - literally to be considered a P5 level team vs a G5 wanna be. It is a night and day difference on National Perception, Recruiting, Coaching Tenure, attendance, TV Contracts...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Article in Richmond paper today on Liberty, JMU, ODU or VCU moving to AAC. Talked mostly about current revenue in football and basketball, plus stadium sizes.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
B1G is a possibility given that FCS teams are not part of their scheduling philosophy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just give it time for the Big News that will shake the foundations of college sports
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 5:29 pm Article in Richmond paper today on Liberty, JMU, ODU or VCU moving to AAC. Talked mostly about current revenue in football and basketball, plus stadium sizes.
I REALLY want to read this article, but the Richmond Times online is subscription only. :frustrated :banghead I can't even access it through the JFL website.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JMU going to AAC would be a joke. They play in a weak conference, other than FCS football. Harrisonburg is a crummy drug infested town.

Cider, I will see if still have today's RT. I will get it to you if I do.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, Ballcoach! :clapping
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, ballcoach. I'm happy to meet you at Hardees or Burger King or anywhere you want to borrow your Richmond sports page.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
JMU's only real sustained success outside of football is softball so theyd be probably bottom tier in most other sports
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not to mention, this is a move of desperation to even float that idea after Liberty's independent move to FBS
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 30th, 2019, 9:05 pm JMU going to AAC would be a joke. They play in a weak conference, other than FCS football.
Your counter-argument to JMU joining the AAC is that they play in a crummy conference. But wouldn’t your argument be answered BY THEM GOING TO THE AAC?!??!!

CJ needs to help you with your debate skills. Pitiful.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach loaned me his copy of the Richmond Times at a 7:00 a.m. drop off at Hardeees this morning, and it had some interesting fiscal statistics from 2017-2018:

School..........Football Revenue..........Basketball Revenue
VCU.........................N/A.....................$8.8 million
ODU.................$10.6 million............. $3.3 million
JMU.................$11.8 million..............$2.7 million
LU.....................$10.1 million..............$2.7 million

AAC median football revenue: $14.2 million
AAC median basketball revenue: $6.2 million
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I would assume WCU is a no-brainer to buy out in 2020.

2021 would require some moving dates back to create an opening since the opener with Campbell is our only FCS date.

2022 has Gardner-Webb midseason looking vulnerable.

Starting 2023 we all have flexibility. That date also coincides with the anticipated next round of realignment.

I spent yesterday working professionally with the AD for a AAC school with big and somewhat realistic hopes of joining the P5 club. There is anticipation building about what the next round may resemble. Anyone suggesting they know right now is either foolish or lying. There are too many variables that remain unclear.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]