If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 26th, 2019, 5:59 pm I would assume WCU is a no-brainer to buy out in 2020.

2021 would require some moving dates back to create an opening since the opener with Campbell is our only FCS date.

2022 has Gardner-Webb midseason looking vulnerable.

Starting 2023 we all have flexibility. That date also coincides with the anticipated next round of realignment.

I spent yesterday working professionally with the AD for a AAC school with big and somewhat realistic hopes of joining the P5 club. There is anticipation building about what the next round may resemble. Anyone suggesting they know right now is either foolish or lying. There are too many variables that remain unclear.
Is he thinking his entire conference is going P6 or just his program going P5?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 26th, 2019, 5:59 pm I would assume WCU is a no-brainer to buy out in 2020.

2021 would require some moving dates back to create an opening since the opener with Campbell is our only FCS date.

2022 has Gardner-Webb midseason looking vulnerable.

Starting 2023 we all have flexibility. That date also coincides with the anticipated next round of realignment.

I spent yesterday working professionally with the AD for a AAC school with big and somewhat realistic hopes of joining the P5 club. There is anticipation building about what the next round may resemble. Anyone suggesting they know right now is either foolish or lying. There are too many variables that remain unclear.
I feel fairly confident terms like P5 and G5 will be obsolete
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 26th, 2019, 5:59 pmI spent yesterday working professionally with the AD for a AAC school with big and somewhat realistic hopes of joining the P5 club.
Hmm. I wonder which one that was. :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 26th, 2019, 8:53 pm
Sly Fox wrote: July 26th, 2019, 5:59 pmI spent yesterday working professionally with the AD for a AAC school with big and somewhat realistic hopes of joining the P5 club.
That's easy to figure out.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
It will help both of us with November home games. Would not be surprised to see a 6 game series created. Instead of just playing UMASS and NMState at home in November, it will be nice to have two home games that month.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 26th, 2019, 9:27 pm
alabama24 wrote: July 26th, 2019, 8:53 pm
That's easy to figure out.
First guess Houston.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Does that mean we won't have to play NMSU twice each season?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 27th, 2019, 8:20 am Does that mean we won't have to play NMSU twice each season?
I don't know how long that arrangement is scheduled. However, in seasons where we have two FCS teams, it wouldn't make sense to drop one of the NMSU games.
By Ewglenn
alabama24 wrote: July 27th, 2019, 8:43 pm
Cider Jim wrote: July 27th, 2019, 8:20 am Does that mean we won't have to play NMSU twice each season?
I don't know how long that arrangement is scheduled. However, in seasons where we have two FCS teams, it wouldn't make sense to drop one of the NMSU games.
This is the last season

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]