If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw on Twitter yesterday where someone was complaining that the NCAA stretches out the baseball world series for 11 days, and packs the softball world series into 6 days, thus tiring out the teams, whereas baseball is well rested. Both sports have 8 teams in world series, with basically same format. Today there is only 1 game scheduled in Omaha, which doesn't make sense.

Why so much difference with length of world series' ?
I read an article in Baseball America last year, where some writer was suggesting that college baseball world series be stretched out even more than it currently is. I believe he wanted it a week longer.
ballcoach15 wrote: June 20th, 2019, 1:16 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 20th, 2019, 10:27 am You’re not big on specifics are you
Purple, be more specific
I don't know which of these comments is funnier. You guys are a riot. :rofl :rofl
Cider Jim wrote: June 20th, 2019, 2:18 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 20th, 2019, 1:16 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 20th, 2019, 10:27 am You’re not big on specifics are you
Purple, be more specific
I don't know which of these comments is funnier. You guys are a riot. :rofl :rofl
What do you mean ‘you guys’?
pitching a baseball is way more a violent action than pitching a softball. it takes way more time to rest an arm pitching a baseball. thats...basically it. lets not kid ourselves here either. whether baseball or softball, outside of pitchers, you can play multiple games a day if they wanted to. its not that much of an energy drain. i'm almost 40 and played in a mens fp tourney a few months ago. we played 6 games in 2 days. yawn.
I once pitched 6 games in one day (SP). With no break between games. I think it's harder on the players mentally than physically. Heck, now I get mentally drained at a double header, if they are close games.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on June 20th, 2019, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballcoach15 wrote: June 20th, 2019, 3:56 pm I once pitched 6 games in one day (SP). .
Ballcoach, are you really comparing slow pitch softball to baseball and fast pitch softball?
Cider Jim wrote: June 20th, 2019, 4:15 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 20th, 2019, 3:56 pm I once pitched 6 games in one day (SP). .
Ballcoach, are you really comparing slow pitch softball to baseball and fast pitch softball?
Yes...........and..............no.
other than the pitcher, it's basically the same. 7 or 9 innings is 7 or 9 innings.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]