If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have never heard of this school. But they do have a softball team. Louisville will be a good road trip, though I am not a fan of Louisville. Cider can go there when we play there, and go through "Herd Country" on I-64 enroute.

Based on the article, they appear to be a "basketball school".
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was going to say, "I don't mean to sound like Ballcoach, but I've never heard of this school," but I see Ballcoach has beaten me to it. :shock: :oldhag :wink:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I thought it was a battle in North Africa between Rommel and Montgomery
By BlueBlood
If you are going to do a D2 add, I think this is a good one. They have been a very solid non-football D2. They are already D1 in lacrosse. I see no reason why they can't become the Louisville version of a Lipscomb or Belmont.
By Ewglenn
BlueBlood wrote: June 17th, 2019, 4:36 pm If you are going to do a D2 add, I think this is a good one. They have been a very solid non-football D2. They are already D1 in lacrosse. I see no reason why they can't become the Louisville version of a Lipscomb or Belmont.
I’m okay with it. Nothing super exciting but it does add a solid Basketball first school.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 17th, 2019, 4:18 pm School was named after Saint Robert Bellarmine. School was founded October 3, 1950. I was 19 days old when it was founded.
I love it when Ballcoach shows off his research skills and begins scouting a team. :typing :oldhag Study
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 17th, 2019, 9:03 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: June 17th, 2019, 4:18 pm School was named after Saint Robert Bellarmine. School was founded October 3, 1950. I was 19 days old when it was founded.
I love it when Ballcoach shows off his Google skills and begins scouting a team. :typing :oldhag Study
FIFY
By CapnMac
I'm moving to Kentucky this weekend, so I'm excited to see this. Will be able to attend a lot of LU sporting events at Bellarmine.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Will be interested to see how they assimilate to D1 and the ASUN. Think this means we will be seeing them on the schedules not already released?
By cruzan_flame13
BJWilliams wrote: June 17th, 2019, 11:12 pm Will be interested to see how they assimilate to D1 and the ASUN. Think this means we will be seeing them on the schedules not already released?
I don't think this season but I'm sure in the 2020-2021 seasons for sure.
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
D2s don't register on KenPom/NET rankings, so they don't "hurt". It's why mid- to low-major schools always schedule non-DIs for easy Ws as opposed to feeding off the 300+ DI teams which do hurt KenPom/NET rankings.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
they have a beautiful campus. Went there when I worked Lacrosse a few years ago in the SOCON. Their basketball program has either won or been a runner up national champion in the last decade if I remember correctly. Catholic school. They have been D1 in lacrosse for a few years now.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
CapnMac wrote: June 17th, 2019, 10:28 pm I'm moving to Kentucky this weekend, so I'm excited to see this. Will be able to attend a lot of LU sporting events at Bellarmine.
Although I live overseas and have limited opportunities to attend games in person regardless, adding Bellermine to our schedule in all sports but football will significantly increase those opportunities. When I am in the states, I stay with my sister in Bloomington, IN, which is just a couple of hours away from Louisville.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Another D-II moving up to D-I and joining the ASUN. Typical
By Lion1983
I wonder if this can open up a door for another Kentucky school? If NJIT gets a spot in another conference closer to them, I wonder if EKU would consider a move to the ASun? Or Morehead State?
New Mexico State

Good win. However, this team is relying on one or […]

As a fan I’d like to use this window of oppo[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]