If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

ballcoach15 wrote:I understand the reason for them, but I hate media time outs. I also hate Coaches' TOs in last 2 minutes of game, when they're "trailing by 20". There are too many TOs in basketball.
How many should there be?
ballcoach15 wrote:I understand the reason for them, but I hate media time outs. I also hate Coaches' TOs in last 2 minutes of game, when they're "trailing by 20". There are too many TOs in basketball.
On this we can agree, in general.

Timeouts when the score difference is greater than 20 and the clock is under 2:00 in regulation should be rolling TO’s for substitution only.
Purple Haize wrote:
How many should there be?
There should be 3.
ballcoach15 wrote: June 6th, 2019, 7:29 pm Baseball has some down time, but softball has very little. Softball is a fast paced game, compared to other sports.

We had a game this season I believe took 1 hour, 20 minutes.
We've discussed this at length, but IMHO the difference in the length of games between baseball and softball has little to do with down time or pace of play. If baseball games were only 7 innings long, base runners could not take a lead, and pitching changes were relatively rare because you don't have (or need) more than 3 or 4 pitchers on the roster, there would be a lot less difference in the length of the games. Less time between innings because the field is smaller is another factor.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Pace of play seems different to me. No empirical evidence to show, just my gut. But in my experience pitchers in softball hold the ball a lot less between pitches than their baseball counterparts.

Smaller field has more to do with everything than people realize I think.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]