If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach likes to tell the story about how he called a similar play when he was coaching, so this just validates his coaching strategy (I think is his reasoning).
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach likes to tell the story about how he called a similar play when he was “coaching”, so this just validates his “coaching” strategy (I think is his reasoning).
FIFY
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I could coach baseball or softball, but I won't be the one giving signals (I have a hard enough time with sign language)
Very few coaches actually give signals anymore. Most use the wrist band numbers system.

Personally I wish NFHS and NCAA would ban them, and coaches go back to flashing signals.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Very few coaches actually give signals anymore. Most use the wrist band numbers system.

Personally I wish NFHS and NCAA would ban them, and coaches go back to flashing signals.
So you’re an advocate for giving the other team an advantage? That’s big of you.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:A good scouting report can eliminate the need to steal signs.
We can do gifs now?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
20 answered for me. Teams have gone away from signs because it had become too easy over time for them to be stolen. Not “needing” to steal signs because of a quality scouting report doesn’t mean teams won’t still attempt to leverage that possible advantage, BC.

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]