If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Didlibertywin
I have a great wife.

As we discussed vacation for this summer and our limited dates that we could get away, we threw around possibilities of going to the beach, going to see family, etc. But when my wife said, "Let's go to Atlanta to see the Braves" - I knew that I had hit the jackpot in the wife department.

That being said, as we embark on Bravecation 2019, I'm looking for some recommendations.

Has anyone here ever been to SunTrust Park and/or The Battery? Can anyone recommend anything as far as parking? We are not staying at The Battery, but we are about 10 minutes out. I read on BallparkSavvy that there are $10 spots with shuttles available. Wondering if anyone had experience with that, or should I just give up the extra $10 and park near the ballpark.

Also, looking for food recommendations in Atlanta and around the stadium. Yes, I know, The Varsity.

And outside of the Georgia Aquarium and Stone Mountain, what is fun for kids?

Thanks in advance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If you’re staying that close to the stadium have you thought about Uber/Lyft?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Didlibertywin wrote:I have thought about it, but I wasn't sure how it would work with having to have two car seats.
They have that option available I believe
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Paging SCAR...
By Jonathan Carone
Get parking passes and take the shuttles. I've been to a few games there. The closest we were able to park included about a mile walk. Not terrible for adults but not sure it'd be that fun with kids. The shuttles are charter buses and work pretty seamlessly.

As for places to eat - the stadium has a lot of great restaurants. First and Third out in left field is really good. There are a few barbecue places as well. Some friends got barbecue nachos last game I went to and they were really good.

One thing to remember is the new stadium is about 20-30 minutes from downtown Atlanta depending on traffic.

Get to at least one game early so you can see all the stuff going on in The Battery. It's a pretty fun atmosphere.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
If you do go to the Aquarium in downtown Atlanta, the World of Coke is right next to it and Olympic Centennial Park is also a pretty neat place. Beyond that, the only thing I know about Atlanta is the airport.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
I would suggest the Atlanta zoo. We've took our kids a couple of times. If your heading toward Stone Mountain, I would go visit Helen and Dalongha (sp?). We stayed in Tallulah Falls a couple of summers ago and headed over to Helen to go tubing, which you can make a full day out of and the kids had a blast. They also have the cabbage patch hospital in Clayton, which if you have girls they will like it. Most of these place are not from Atlanta- maybe an hour drive
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
questions: When are you going? and how much time before and after games are you planning on staying.

The battery is awesome for lunch before and dinner after.
If you are in town this week, come by tech and say hey.

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]