If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Rocky Top has new coach. Someone named Kelly Harper. I heard part of Phil Fulmer's press conference on Paul Finebaum show. Never heard so much bull in my life. This was not a basketball hire, but a politically correct hire.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Rocky Top has new coach. Someone named Kelly Harper. I heard part of Phil Fulmer's press conference on Paul Finebaum show. Never heard so much bull in my life. This was not a basketball hire, but a politically correct hire.
Stop. Just. Stop. You’re ignorance knows no bounds . She’s a freakin UT legend. That is a home run hire.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, she's a TN native and a former Vols player on 3 teams that won National Championships and has 19 years of coaching experience in college. Why are you saying this is a "political' move?

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... es-warlick
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Based on what I heard a TN fan say, it isn't a home run hire. He said she is average coach at best. I had never heard of her until yesterday .
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, she's a TN native and a former Vols player on 3 teams that won National Championships and has 19 years of coaching experience in college. Why are you saying this is a "political' move?

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... es-warlick
Because he is ignorant about all things basketball and doubly so on Womens basketball? And his #sources are about as worthless as an air conditioner in an igloo
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, she took her team to the Sweet Sixteen this year and was also named COACH of the YEAR.

https://missouristatebears.com/news/201 ... -year.aspx

https://missouristatebears.com/coaches.aspx?rc=432

How can that NOT be a homerun hire?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Based on what I heard a TN fan say, it isn't a home run hire. He said she is average coach at best. I had never heard of her until yesterday .
Stick to softball. You clearly are out or your element here. I don't even follow women's college basketball much and I knew who she was. Fantastic hire. Educate yourself for a change before typing.
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote:Based on what I heard a TN fan say, it isn't a home run hire. He said she is average coach at best. I had never heard of her until yesterday .
Tennessee fans are idiots. Basing your opinions on theirs says a lot about your intelligence.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Apparently there's something in the State Code of Tennessee that says the Women's BB coach must be a former player for Pat Summit. That seems to be #1 qualification for job.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, is that kind of like how Alabama used to want to hire football coaches who played for Bear Bryant?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
She didn't have much success at NC State, but has had impressive results at mid-majors Western Carolina and Missouri State. Given the resources that Tennessee puts into women's basketball, I think she'll be adding some more rings to her fingers.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Out of curiosity ballcoach, who should have Tennessee hired instead?
That would require him to have knowledge of the sport of women’s basketball

Her lack of success says more about the state of NC State athletics (and the strength of the ACC at the time) then it does about her
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:She can buy rings at Knoxville Jewelry
She could, but don't expect her to put a ring on it*

*your finger
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:Out of curiosity ballcoach, who should have Tennessee hired instead?

Her lack of success says more about the state of NC State athletics (and the strength of the ACC at the time) then it does about her
Kellie’s and Jon’s “lack” of success but more importantly their dismissal says the most about DY’s leadership style at NCSU. If DY didn’t hire you, she can’t claim credit for your success.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Kellie’s and Jon’s “lack” of success but more importantly their dismissal says the most about DY’s leadership style at NCSU. If DY didn’t hire you, she can’t claim credit for your success.
When I met them can you imagine what we talked about? Ha
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:DY is probably the worst AD at any P5 school.
Ballcoach, did you know that she is an alumna of LU? Study You shouldn't speak badly about one of our own. :nono

https://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm? ... &MID=20244
Last edited by Cider Jim on April 13th, 2019, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Good catch. Purple. :oops:
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I’m shocked the Staff is picking up these ta[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]