If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Lauren Cox going out was a huge blow to Baylor. More so then I imagined. Had she not blown her knee that game would have gotten ugly.
I do feel sorry that JK37 dream of coaching at ND will have to be put on hold for awhile though. Ha
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I was glad Baylor still won. If they lose, it becomes all about Cox’ knee.

As far as Muffett’s comments, it’s all anyone has been able to talk about down here in Tampa. WBB is getting ugly.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have never liked that Muffet woman. She and everyone else should keep politics/social issues out of sports.
The way liberals are trying to ruin country. it will soon be illegal to be a male. Everything with the Democrat liberals is women, women, women.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I was glad Baylor still won. If they lose, it becomes all about Cox’ knee.

As far as Muffett’s comments, it’s all anyone has been able to talk about down here in Tampa. WBB is getting ugly.
The officiating side was starting to get that way as well. They did throw up an interesting stat about the decline in % of female WBB head coaches since Title IX. They of course don’t mention the number of programs that have increased or that the quality has increased as well. I loved Geno’s comments on it and felt Kim Mulkey straddled the line well. Even Ann/Muffef backed off a little it pointing out she hired a male strength and conditioning coach.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have never liked that Muffet woman. She and everyone else should keep politics/social issues out of sports.
The way liberals are trying to ruin country. it will soon be illegal to be a male. Everything with the Democrat liberals is women, women, women.

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I was glad Baylor still won. If they lose, it becomes all about Cox’ knee.

JK37, if you're down in Tampa, you should make the voyage across to Jacksonville this weekend, to catch LU @ North Florida softball.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When hiring a coach, hire the best one you can get. Truth be known, when a coach is hired based on gender, it's probably against the law.
The argument about gender and race is that a person with the same of those as the athletes in the program can relate better to them, thus giving them one positive attribute (or two) as a candidate for the job.

But then sometimes another candidate is so much more better they overcome that?

Too much in women’s basketball is decided by gender and/or race. (PH, I thought of officiating, too.) It’s a plus if a head coach can relate to her players better than a man. But even that plus may not be enough to outweight other attributes. Too many AD’s are weighing gender and race too heavily in the hiring process for head coaches, and too many head coaches are weighing them too much in the process of filling their staffs. It’s an issue - albeit a highly political one as BC mentioned - that the WBCA is just starting to finally put actions to their words. But it’s going to take some time.

My greater concern is that we have people with little/no coaching experience making decisions about who will be coaches. It used to be that AD’s were retired coaches. They hired and then properly mentored young coaches. Not anymore, especially at the D1 level. When presidents realized their best fundraising arm was athletics, they shifted to hiring fundraisers and bean counters and spreadsheet readers to be their athletic directors. But one of that position’s greatest responsibilities remains to hire/fire coaches. I often find myself asking what have many AD’s done that qualifies them for such a task?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I’m shocked the Staff is picking up these ta[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]