If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yes and yes. As long as Casey continued his ascendancy since leaving Belmont for Stetson years ago, he’s been the frontrunner when Byrd retired.

Big step up in program. Great move for Belmont.

Added bonus that whoever takes over Lipscomb may not do as well. Plus for Liberty. Maybe Idstrom status though and is promoted. Time will tell.
Jonathan Carone wrote:And it’s a step up without even having to move. All he does is change the color of his shirt and park a few blocks away. It’ll be the easiest coaching transition ever.
Except for all the hate he will get from that other parking lot. 8) This would make their annual home and home series even more intense. Maybe not as competitive as it has been, depending on who Lipscomb could get to replace him.
JK37 wrote:Roger Idstrom?
To the surprise of no one, Alexander is the new coach at Belmont. I would think chances are pretty good that Idstrom, who is currently Lipscomb's Associate HC, will be promoted in a continuity move. The thing that may play against that is that with so much of their team gone, maybe they just decide to start over if there is someone outside they really like.
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:It's hard to believe that Belmont is getting more "love" on Sea of Red, than LU baseball and softball. :dontgetit
The level of interest here about this hire has nothing to do with Belmont.
And everything to do with them poaching the second best coach in the conference.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]