If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
12 seed Murry State is bearing the underdog standard, leading Marquette 42-35 at the half after both Belmont and Bradley came up short in tight games against Maryland and Michigan State respectively. The 11 point margin for the Spartans is deceiving, as that was a 1 possession game with 4 minutes to play.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:NMSU should’ve beaten Auburn.
we were watching in the conference room at work and we all agreed that the last 5 minutes of that game was some of the most weird basketball i've ever seen.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Anybody following the CBI tournament?

My sources say that the Beach Chickens of Coastal Carolina just defeated of 'Eers of WVU 109-91. Hoping that Purple and JK aren't on suicide watch, but can somebody check on them?
:brownbag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The fact we even MADE a post season tournament was amazing. I’ll take the two win and the mini run at the Big 12 Tournament
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of nothingburger tournaments................. Presby and Chuck South are both in the quarterfinals of the CIT. :shock:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:The fact we even MADE a post season tournament was amazing. I’ll take the two win and the mini run at the Big 12 Tournament
What is amazing (I guess) is that a tournament continues to exist and pretend to have some sort of relevance when a 14-19 team can enter because they have enough $$ to pay the entrance fee. CCU also had a losing record going into the CBI.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:The fact we even MADE a post season tournament was amazing. I’ll take the two win and the mini run at the Big 12 Tournament
I’m with PH on this one. Konate comes back and the youthful talent shown in Big XII tourney gives me hope.

Does suck to lose to Coastal though. Jeez
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Lipsomb vs. NC State game is coming on at 9:00 tonight on ESPNU. Play Basketball
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Only ONE #1 seed left in the Final Four, and it's UVa. Study :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This may be the worst Final 4 in history. The Boo Hoos from Charlottesville had easy bracket as compared to other 3.

I will not watch anymore basketball this season. Too much baseball and softball being played now.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:1, 2, 3, and 5 = worst in history? How’s that?
Probably because the only ACC school to make it was his least favorite.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Man I was totally wrong on this years Tournament. I felt there would be a lot of early upsets but the Blue Bloods would end up in the Final Four. I wouldn’t call Texas Tech or Auburn Blue Bloods. MSU and UVA are from Blue Blood Conferences with UVA having to be the feel good story of the Tournament. I have no idea what the ratings will be but I do know there will be some good basketball played. I would even go as far to say it’s a repudiation of the One and Done philosophy of trying to win a championship
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There is no team there that will boost TV ratings. People around country say Boo Hoos are boring to watch. Michigan State probably best TV draw in final 4, but that ain't saying much.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Texas Tech and Auburn are football schools primarily. UVa making it is definitely a feel good story especially after the way they went out last year...I certainly wouldn't call it the worst Final Four...not the "sexiest" either Duke losing last night, but certainly not the worst.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I researched it back to 1939. The 1947 final 4 comes close to this year. Holy Cross, Oklahoma , Texas and City College of NY made it that year.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]